Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No Fit? What the heck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Fit? What the heck!

I wanted to get this

Dual 200w CD Player - Best Buy

Dual 200w - Manufacturer's website

for my '91 Accord from best buy. Yet when I use their "Fit/No Fit" tool, it says it won't fit.

Why not? What makes me more irritated is that this tool says nothing else will fit in my car except some marine/boat CD players.

So does this mean I can't get ANY new system? I highly doubt this is true but need confirmation.

This WILL work in my car correct?

Thanks.

Go to crutchfield.com or sounddomain.com to get good stuff.
    DOnt buy dual at all.

Comment

So, a lot of people are confused about what will and what will not fit in their cars. There is this thing called DIN and ISO: DIN=Deutsch Institute Fur Normung which is the German Institute for Standardization ISO= International Stardadization Organization.
      These organizations try to make things standard for all kinds of things from paper sizes (A1 etc...) to car audio. Our Accords use what is called a Double DIN sized Head Unit. There is the standard size which is where the head unit and the second DIN which is under the stock stereo (Where most people like me have those little pockets.) This is a standard depth and heigth in the dash for a Head Unit. DIN is by far the most widely used size, in fact every deck you find in Best Buy and Circuit City is DIN sized and will fit in our cars.

So... the short answer is: YES
      By the way, there is nothing wrong with Dual IF... listen closely now... IF and ONLY IF you buy the PSP (Performance Service Plan). And remember, having worked at Best Buy, the PSP expires after the first time you use it, so you will have to repurchaser it if you need to use it in the first 3 years.
      Sorry for the novel
      Last edited by Thomas_LX; 05-17-2006, 01:13 AM.
      Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
        DOnt buy dual at all.
        x1,000,000 , get decent players like Pioneer , JVC , Sony , Kenwood. A lot of these have good prices.

well its up to u.. im juz givin opinions
        Last edited by ExplodingCake; 05-17-2006, 01:38 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

thanks for the links bruno8747, but are they *safe* though? I would like to think so.
          f22cb7lx, thanks for suggestions
          is Blaupunkt good?

Anyways, Thomas_LX, thanks for the info. I was confused about the DIN stuff but i think i understand now. i knew something was wrong with best buy's "fit" thing when circuit city listed off many models that will fit. And now crutchfield.com shows many that "fit" too.

But you see, I might also need a holding bracket or something. Do I? got my accord back in '91 as DX, so we added an inexpensive cassette player...but it seems to be floating around instead of secured in...I mean i can just pull it out (as u can see below). so i would need wiring harnesses and installation kits right?

Comment

Originally posted by raytheon_liszt

But you see, I might also need a holding bracket or something. Do I? got my accord back in '91 as DX, so we added an inexpensive cassette player...but it seems to be floating around instead of secured in...I mean i can just pull it out (as u can see below). so i would need wiring harnesses and installation kits right?

ei no prob

from my experience , i got a blaupunkt cd player when i bought my cb , but died since it was an old cd player and the old owner never took care of it ..

anyway , when u get aftermarket players , u definitely would need: Wiring harness and dash installation kits...

Comment

dash kit is your answer, that and the wiring harness is all u need...
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

and btw , dont get INSIGNIA players. they're fart players.

Comment

Originally Posted by f22cb7lx

anyway , when u get aftermarket players , u definitely would need: Wiring harness and dash installation kits...
                  Ok thanks for clarifying.
                  and to also be sure, i would have to buy these separately right? i wouldnt think they'd be included in a new stereo box.

Comment

yep..

Comment

As far as Dual Goes here is the way I see it: With any Electronics component, you should buy the warranty, it makes sense because they are in a relatively hostile environment that experiences extremes in temperature and a lot of abuse as far as shaking and impacts.
                      So, since you should buy the warranty anyway, you get a lot of features for a really good price with a Dual. A deck with motorized faceplate, aux inputs, standalone sub control, and High Pass/Low Pass filters can be had for 120-140 dollars. So, if you are value concious you can easily save 100-150 bucks.
                      I personally own all Pioneer equipment, and Infinity speakers/subs but that is because I got insurance money so I splurged. I installed A LOT of Dual stuff while I worked at Best Buy, and it all seemed pretty good. JUST BUY THE PSP.
                      Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

/\ Another person brainwashed by the corporate giant that is Best Buy....

I worked there too bro (as a Car Audio supervisor). I sold tons of PSPs.

I'm NOT buying a $40 PSP on a $100 radio.... I'll just take my chances. Hell, I wouldn't be buying a $100 radio anyways. I will only run mid-line Pioneer and Alpine units in my cars.

And you're saying "You can buy Dual just get the PSP to CYA".... If you're spending the money on the PSP just get the real deal... not some no-name brand.

Let me tell you how great the PSP is from my experience. I had a Pioneer CD player in my first Accord. Thing was slammed so it got a lot of abuse. I took the CD player in because it was skipping. Since Pioneer is NOT "DEVO" (which you should know what this means BB guys) they have to send it off to get it fixed. So now, I have to ride around for 2 weeks without my damn radio in my car!!!! It comes back, STILL SKIPS! Send it back 2 more times and it STILL SKIPS. Wow Best Buy, you guys are great! Luckily after the 3rd time I got to get a new radio due to the lemon protection that comes with the PSP..... but I had to go about a month without my radio to get it!

If I was a regular customer, I would forego the PSP and take my chances... because Best Buy didn't fix shit! I'm sure Dual is a "DEVO" item therefore it would get swapped out on the spot first time, but Dual does NOT provide the clarity that Pioneer, Alpine, Sony, or Kenwood do.... and I hate Sony and Kenwood so that's where it stands.
                        Last edited by Big Body LX; 05-17-2006, 08:43 AM.

Comment

If you buy a player of $100 or more from crutchfield.com, you get free master sheets, wiring harness, and console kit.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Helped a lot.

But, if was to buy this

Sony CDX-GT 100 CD Player

and i couldn't install it myself, how much would it cost on average to install it and two speakers? I want to know to get an idea so I don't get ripped off.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by raytheon_liszt
                              Thanks everyone. Helped a lot.

But, if was to buy this

Sony CDX-GT 100 CD Player

and i couldn't install it myself, how much would it cost on average to install it and two speakers? I want to know to get an idea so I don't get ripped off.

Thanks.

yeah thats it go with the sony, i dont know how much it would cost but dont go to best buy cuz my boy got screwed over it worked for about two weeks and it just stopped

RIP lilblue

Comment

Working...
                              X