Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter?

I was wondering. as anyone every had a problem or heard of a Radio filter messed up? like maybe causing something on ur radio to stay on or maybe drain your battery or something?

I was wondering cuz i made another thread before about my radio. i did a draw test (with a tester, taking out the Negative cable from the battery and puting the wire from the tester to the cable and the point on the negative part of the battery) and the light stayed on. when i took out the "backup radio" the light turned off. so i got another radio and still would do the same thing. i was thinking maybe a ground or something. even with the radio out the hardness it will stay come on. so today i took out the filter from the hardness and when i tested it the light didnt come on. but it didnt come to mind til now that i was thinking. so maybe it was the filter. i was thinking tommrow puting the filter back on and see if the light comes back on then take it out. but i wanted to know first if anyone has ever heard of a filter doing anything or causing anything to a battery .

Sorry for it being so long just wanted to clear it all out there.

Thanks alot tho people!

Anyone?

Comment

What filter are you talking about? The reason the light comes on is that that fuse provides power on purpose, if I understand what you are saying. The point of that circuit is so you odn't lose your presets and the time on the radio. So... I guess I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
      Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

am talking about the Filter on the radio. like the noise filter. my radio had goten messed up with the RCA's so i had to put in a Filter. but it was weird that the tester light would come on. but that doesnt make sense cuz the light wouldnt come on and you know the car also has a clock that has to stay set and it doesnt come on. only the radio one.

from what i heard the point of doing a draw test is to see if any kind of eletric circuit was to stay on that shouldnt.. cuz doing a neg and neg shouldnt make the light still go on unless something was crossed. but thats why am asking to find out.

Thanks

Comment

Can you take a picture of this filter? Filters can come in many form and looks.

Comment

Boss Filter

ok thats the filter right there.

Comment

I'm confused too. If you have a noise problem then you probably dont have a good ground to your head unit. Try taking the black wire and attaching it to a conductive metal source in your dashboard. do not connect it directly to the battery or you will probably get alt noise and whine. That filter looks like a POS. I've never seen a install that requred any type of a filter other than crossovers for speaker applications.
              ~ Viva la Roofnips ~
              2006 Evolution MR 13.008 @ 106.7
              2006 WRX Sti (still breaking it in)
              1990 Honda Accord LX-T 15.6 @ 93

Comment

a filter should not be required for a stereo install. i had a similar problem in my 96 accord, due to an idiots wiring hack job....i still have a problem with battery drain since whoever wired up the turbo timer mustve done something wrong.....i also used to get bad radio interference (alternator whine) and replaced the battery terminals for a whole $2.00. fixed that problem. have fun
                Formerly: sheisanonymous

Comment

damn 12 amps??

did u have that wired constant or only when the deck turns on? cuase normally it should be when the deck turns on, a 12 amp draw will actually show on the test you just did on the battery "paracitic draw test"

id take out the deck and wire it up to the switch lead there...or if u really want, do the test u did and disconnect the filter. see if it still draws.

make sure its wired with a switch lead, if u are really lazy wire it to ur cig lighter.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

no its not a bad ground. ok listen..

when i had got my system put in. someone had touched the rca's and messed up the RCA thing in the back of the radio.so when i was to put the RCA's to the back of the radio all i heard was a loud noise.so the only way to get music without any noise i had to put in that filter (or get a new radio). So i just went the lazy way i got a Filter. well i didnt think nothing of it but i noticed my car Dieing out for no reason. and i got a new radio and took out the filter and did the test and the light didnt turn on doing the test.

but i wanted to know did anyone ever have a problem with maybe a bad filter or has anyone ever have a problem with a filter maybe draining there battery. or anything at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X