Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Broken Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Antenna

my antenna broke & now its stuck in up position. how much does a new one cost? & can I swap it from another model?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Well if its power they are know for having the mast brake , they sell all over the place just a mast kit for our cars check local parts places they may even have one in stock who knows , good luck , What I did was pulled it all the way out and disconnected the electricity to it for now it works find without going up and down ,

cya
    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

The mast might've broken, the motor could be toast... Any number of things.

Pop your trunk open and pull back the insulation where the antenna is. See if it makes noise when you turn the car on. If so, the motor works.

If not, get a new motor ^.^

The antenna's pretty easy to remove if you need to.
      93 EXR
      In the works ^.^

Todo:
      Blower Unit replacement
      Climate Control Knob replacement
      Deck install
      SRI install
      New Brake Pads
      Rotor regrind
      Wheel polishing
      New struts (?)
      New springs

Comment

i went on ebay and bought a brand new antenna with motor and everything for like 20 bux shipped, i had to splice some wires to put it in but if your at all mechanically inclined you will be able to do so
        turboed cb7 baby

Comment

Originally posted by ParoXoN
          The mast might've broken, the motor could be toast... Any number of things.

Pop your trunk open and pull back the insulation where the antenna is. See if it makes noise when you turn the car on. If so, the motor works.

If not, get a new motor ^.^

The antenna's pretty easy to remove if you need to.

yeah the motor works. when I turn the radio on I can hear the motor.

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Mine stays up all the time. It works fine and i have no problems. So why fix something that is not broken. WEll i guess it is sort of broken but still gives me what i need

Comment

Get a replacement antenna, or a new kit.

I like motorized antennas...old school.

U can remove the system, or unplug it and get a rubber one...but naaah...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
              1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

I haven't listened to the radio in my car for a good year or so...

*EDIT* You can see in my sig what's left of my antenna... MP3/WMA headunit FTW!!!!
                Last edited by gloryaccordy; 05-06-2006, 04:40 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Your best bet is to buy a new kit...I tried just adding another antenna and it didnt work, or i did something retarded and it made the motor fubar, but anyways, new kit.
                  JustBlaze

Comment

how much does a new one cost?

Comment

I replaced my antenna mast after it broke going through the car was and that was pretty cheap and easy to do! I got the mast off of www.hondaautomotiveparts.com It was like 20 bucks or something shipped. But then i seen this S2k antenna swap diy and said ok now and the rest is history. Bought the assem off of that same site for like 60 bucks, ripped out my old assem, shaved down the new s2k nut and installed it without power and i somehow get stations that people with stock antenna dont get and i think its because the s2k antenna has a booster built in or something but im prolly wrong but either way i dont use the radio to often since i have a headunit with mp3/wma and i have cds with up too 200songs on them so its all gravy baby!
                      I should be doing a DIY on the S2k swap so there will be decent pics and all for everyone..look for that this week.

EDIT- Sorry that mast off of MH is 40.91 plus shipping. Not to bad
                      Last edited by Ralphie; 05-06-2006, 11:08 PM.

Comment

cool then I think Ill buy one.

thanks for the help.

Comment

I would just check your local junkyard....

Comment

If your interested in the S2k swap i finished the DIY on it...check the thread.

Comment

if he does that s2k swap, i would like to see some pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X