Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where to run power wire for an amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to run power wire for an amp?

Ok I finally have all my speakers. I need to run my 4 gauge wire for my amp. Since the battery is on the passenger side is there anywhere to run the wire through on that side? I would hate to have to drill a hole in the fire wall and use a grommet.

I just ran the wire over to the drivers side and slipped it in between the firewall and a grommet already being used with a bunch of wires running through it.

You are most likely going to have to go over to the driverside because the passenger side can be a real bitch to drill anything through with the heater cor and a/c stuff all right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus Vandamn
      I just ran the wire over to the drivers side and slipped it in between the firewall and a grommet already being used with a bunch of wires running through it.

You are most likely going to have to go over to the driverside because the passenger side can be a real bitch to drill anything through with the heater cor and a/c stuff all right there.
      hey man.. i jussssst got done running 4 gauge wire annnnd 1/2 air line to my trunk from the pass. side of the car... i have a 92 LX and on the fire wall there was a rubber plug type of thing that popped right out and i ran the wire/lines through that.. i have a chipped ECU and my computer sits on the floor so i dont know if you will have to unbolt the ecu to get to that hole or not.. but if you look below the glove box where the the fire wall is you should see that plug and it should pop right out with some pliers! good luck..

Comment

^no, that isnt in the way, there is a hole there that u can snake wires thru without problem

Comment

Originally posted by alex
          ^no, that isnt in the way, there is a hole there that u can snake wires thru without problem
          right on man... thanks for the reasurance!

Comment

i just ran mine through the drivers side, i didnt want to mess anything up, and i had enough wire, just make sure if you do drill a hole you use a gromit, you dont want to have your power wire ground it self out....
            -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
            newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
            newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
            newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22aakkord
              hey man.. i jussssst got done running 4 gauge wire annnnd 1/2 air line to my trunk from the pass. side of the car... i have a 92 LX and on the fire wall there was a rubber plug type of thing that popped right out and i ran the wire/lines through that.. i have a chipped ECU and my computer sits on the floor so i dont know if you will have to unbolt the ecu to get to that hole or not.. but if you look below the glove box where the the fire wall is you should see that plug and it should pop right out with some pliers! good luck..
              I used the exact same spot too, i couldn't find the spot on the driver side and I found the passenger side plug much much faster and it was really easy to get the power cable through! But by the sounds of it you can go either way, i dont think there is a wrong way to do it, either way your getting the power cable through the firewall but i'm sure there are people that like to argue that the way they did it is the right way and everyone else is wrong.

Comment

I just ran mine trough a little hole at the top of the bay right behind the fuse box.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Hopefully I will be able to finish up tonight if I get out of my meeting tonight. I don't have a garage and doing shit at night sucks if you can't see.

Comment

No Need To Go To Thje Driver Side. Its Ugly Waste Of Time Adn Why Make The Wire Longer Than It Needs To Be

Comment

there isn't a "right" or "wrong" way, but there is a "easier" way...simply pull back the carpet in the passenger side underneath the glove box..you should see a lil black rubber grommet..pull it inside because i do believe its 2 parts...then just leave the outer part to protect the wire and run it thru there and down the passenger side of your car...i'll get some pics of it to show you..

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                      Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                      by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

well in my 90, i ran the wire from the batt to the driverside(up the rt fender, then along the top), cause i found a hole already there with a cover on it near the pedals/exsisting wires) on the driverside..so i just had to open it and run it in there...

then i ran it toward the shifter...tucked it under and the amp is under my seat

Comment

Originally posted by JusTy13oi
                          well in my 90, i ran the wire from the batt to the driverside(up the rt fender, then along the top), cause i found a hole already there with a cover on it near the pedals/exsisting wires) on the driverside..so i just had to open it and run it in there...

then i ran it toward the shifter...tucked it under and the amp is under my seat
                          Same here

Comment

You can run it from the accesory hole in the kick panel under carpet..

Comment

yeah definitely run it through the passenger side. that's the way to go and keep it cleaner looking.
                              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X