Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where to run power wire for an amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't laugh people... not like I kept it like this but only as a temp. but I ran the 4 guage wire under the engine bay and up to the plug on the pass floor board. I did it just to see what my system sounded like. but really tho I been looking and I can't find the hole you guys are talking about on the pass side to run the amp wire. I have a 92 ex... would that make any diff?
    always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

I have a 92 ex as well and you have to really pull back the carpet and the plug is like more left (closer to the console) middle. It shouldn't be too hard to find but you do have to pull bakc the carpet in the front which means you have to take off the kick panel cover thing and then carefully pull it back. give it another look, I know you have it.

Comment

Yeah The Passanger Side When You Open The Doors Just Go Down And Pop Those Plastic Pieces Off And Lift The Carpet Then You Can Sneak The Wire Through
        R.I.P

Comment

I think as the last two people have said, i just pulled off the passenger side kick panel and found some existing holes with some black plugs. So i just ran it up the passenger side engine compartment, to the corner of the hood, then down behind the fender, and in through the holes. It's probably not the easiest way, or maybe the wire i had was really really stiff, but it was a bitch and I needed my friend to help me pull the wire through.

Comment

I ran mine around the corner of the fender and windshield on the right, then under my carpet. It might be kinda dangerous or whatever, but I set it up so it wouldn't pinch when I closed the door. I've had that power line for a good year and a half without any problems.

I ran it like that because I put my stereo in in the winter and it was too cold to find the hole under the car...so I just said "fuck it" and ran it through the fender, down the door, under the carpet and into the trunk. It's been good to me so far. *shrugs*

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i ran mine through passenger side fender...came through close as I could to the side moldings inside and tucked it away..of course I used wire insulator to make it look natural

Comment

hey I wired mine through the passengers side what u do is pull back the carpet and there is a little rubber plug take it out the pass the wire through there and up under the engine bay (make sure it doesnt touch anything hot, zap straps do the trick)

Comment

I ran my 4gauge under my intake across the firewall and drilled a hole through the clutch plate since I have an auto.. its very very easy to do there it sits right above the carpet so its hardly even noticeable especially if you loom the few exposed inches. The passenger side method sounds good especially if yours is a 5spd. I'm gonna have to check that out when I rewire my system when I get new equipment.

Member Ride Facebook
                  XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

I found a hole about 5 inches above the ecm/tcm a cardboard plug with a little insulation underneath which exposed a 1.5 inch hole I ran my wire through. It was under a canister I believe for the AC. If you look under the carpet you will see indentation of the hole. I am not sure if this was what someone was referring to early in the post (if so thanks). I found it by accident. If anyone else uses this spot I would use a grommett or use an exacto knife to cut through the floor plug to run your wire. FYI I have a 91 2dr.

Comment

how about zero gauge

i have a 91 honda lx,found the hole on passenger side,but my wire is to big(when u look under it u can c the wire)i pulled it as tight as it can go,and still c it.The question im asking is will it go threw anywhere else?

Comment

have any of you ever thought to just get a unibit? drill your own whole, wherever you want? just make sure its clear on both sides (hitting wiring, fuel lines any of that kinda stuff really sux when it gets in your way).

peace

Member Ride Facebook
                        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

I was gonna say, tuck it away under the trim and run it up through the fender... youguys pretty much got it covered though.

If you've got a problem, I might have an answer... or a sledgehammer.
                          (a little dirt goes a long way)

Comment

Originally posted by papychulo82
                            there isn't a "right" or "wrong" way, but there is a "easier" way...simply pull back the carpet in the passenger side underneath the glove box..you should see a lil black rubber grommet..pull it inside because i do believe its 2 parts...then just leave the outer part to protect the wire and run it thru there and down the passenger side of your car...i'll get some pics of it to show you..
                            Could you provide some pictures? I really could not find the exact hole. I have 91 EX 4 door. When I search under the glove box there are two holes big one and small one, and I do not really know whether those are the one that you mean.

Thanks

Comment

wow somebody should do a DIY for this with both ways and with pictures...............gonna do this next week
                              thank for some help
                              FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                              My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Originally posted by bowzil View Post
                                Could you provide some pictures? I really could not find the exact hole. I have 91 EX 4 door. When I search under the glove box there are two holes big one and small one, and I do not really know whether those are the one that you mean.

Thanks

So which hole should we use? I have the same question.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X