Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which size subs you prefer????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesB14
    I have two twelves....and i still have enough room in my trunk to put my hockey equipment or golf clubs back there.....and thast all ive ever used my trunk for...i love the bass from the twelves

Got Pics of ur install??

Comment

Originally posted by Accordballz
      Got Pics of ur install??
      ill get some as soon as i get my sisters camera again....do you like not believe me?
      Last edited by King James; 04-05-2006, 04:51 AM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I have 2 - 12" in sealed, and its almost too much so I may rebuild and use only 1, but I also wanna start saving weight/space!
        Ive heard tens that sound awesome and Ive heard fifteens that sound incredidable as well, but in most cases the twelve will be my pick!

WaC!

Comment

I run 2 x JL Audio 12's i get a good all round performance from them but like someone said it all depends what music u listen too

Comment

everyone keeps saying "it depends on the music you listen to" what subs go with what type of music? i listen to mostly metal with a lot of fast double bass shit so a hiphop/rap setup would probably sound like shit...so what sub sizes go with what music...and how many subs.

Comment

Two 10's because it is perfect for any music and more room.

Comment

If I wasn't into Speed, then I would get this sub that my friend has in his celica it's a Titanium Eclipse 15 $900 sub lol, but ya his box weighs like 200 pounds...but I would go with prolly like 1 10" prolly
                A pic of that massive sub lol
                GOT REBEL?

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."

Comment

Go with a single ten. I had 2 12s and it killed me. Get a nice dual 4 ohm voice coil and something like a polk momo 10 (100 bucks eBay). It will hit perfect for what you need. You just need an amp that pushes 300 watt rms.
                  No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Again some 12" high end are as fast and accurate as 10". It all depends! With the 12" you usually have to get a bigger amp to make up for the USUALLY larger motor structure. The larger the mass to move, the more power it will take to move it! Tens are prob your best bet though, and with even a decent amp sub combo you will prob be happy! Also all this is with relation to enclsure type and size! I love sealed, on the medium-large side! It allows me too play the subs for RAP like Luda or the double kickdrums like in Chevelle's music and anything else! I have 2-12"s to fill my needs, and enough amp to back them up!(850w+ RF power beeyotch!) Remember this, a Pyramid 12" will not be any better than a Pyramid 10" Cause they both suck the BALLS! IMO
                    I despise of all sony car audio, but some like it! Its all an opinion!

WaC!

Comment

i rock 2 10" L7's and when its turned up i set of alarms from at least a block away, there were many instances where while i was driving by people they had to cover their ears. So yea i vote 10

Comment

haha that aint nothin that Eclipse 15 sets off car alarms too, but when he is driving he got a momo steering wheel and his sub was loosening the screw out of his steering wheel, also it shakes his spoiler screws out, and shakes my friends mirror when we was in front of him at a stop light shake lol
                        GOT REBEL?

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."

Comment

one 12's need some space for the back for my art stuff

Comment

i have an 18 haha. acctully i think ima sell this and just get like 300w amp for a 10 i have and a badly needed suspension..ive havent even tried it yet but i know itl be to much bass. and i sold the amp to my friend so yea

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

im all for 10's simply for trunk space.

Comment

i've got 2 kicker 12's

12 FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X