Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dual Headunit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by williamsvt
    associating walmart and any audio equipment isn't always the best outcome...
    They do seem to have a good selection and good prices on dash kits, wiring harness adaptors, and amp install kits. As far as decks/speakers are concerned look somewhere else unless your just looking for something for talk radio. You can find decent decks for not much more.
    1992 EX Wagon

Comment

Stick with alpine dual is the worst. If you want get a used alpine.

Comment

I know of four people down here that have bought the deck your describing
        comes in silver and dark gray kinda look, all have had skipping problems and 3 of them the sliding mechanism that brings the face up and down has gotten stuck. Save up and stay away from walmart audio they sell these things at best buy to,the guy in the road shop said alot of people bring them back.

Comment

I like pioneers cause of their best bang for the buck and reliability.
          Dual is crap, its like the audiobahns of head units.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman
            DUAL!
            and thanks, do you know of any Sony Xplod decks that sound good, my whole system is Xplod and i love it for the money i spent, so any info would rock
            I have the Sony CDX-7715F and it's awesome. Best cd s/n ratio of all headunits out there. The sound is really crisp and clean. Has 3 pre outs, built in high/low pass x-over for the pre outs and a 7 band user adjustable eq. Plus, let's not forget, aluminum faceplate, 4v output voltage and looks nice in the dash of out CB7. I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordf22a6
              I have the Sony CDX-7715F and it's awesome. Best cd s/n ratio of all headunits out there. The sound is really crisp and clean. Has 3 pre outs, built in high/low pass x-over for the pre outs and a 7 band user adjustable eq. Plus, let's not forget, aluminum faceplate, 4v output voltage and looks nice in the dash of out CB7. I love mine.
              If you do listen to a lot of radio though (not XM or Sirius, just regular FM/AM), Pioneer is a great choice as the FM sensitivity is much lower than Sony's (lower is better in this instance). But yes, Sony is great for their CD s/n. If you also have a MP3 player/ iPod, make sure you get one with an auxiliary input so you can just buy a 5 dollar cord to connect it with.

Comment

Yeah i couldnt mess with Dual. There is an old saying. "You get what you pay for"

Comment

Originally posted by d2privat11
                  If you do listen to a lot of radio though (not XM or Sirius, just regular FM/AM), Pioneer is a great choice as the FM sensitivity is much lower than Sony's (lower is better in this instance). But yes, Sony is great for their CD s/n. If you also have a MP3 player/ iPod, make sure you get one with an auxiliary input so you can just buy a 5 dollar cord to connect it with.
                  HHmmmm......not too sure about MUCH lower.....maybe a LITTLE lower?

9 dBf for Sony 8 dBf for Pioneer

They are both of good quality, but I mainly listen to mp3 and cd's so I choose the cleaner s/n ratio of Sony. And also, the preamp voltage on the Pioneer is only 2.2v

Comment

Well at this price range of head units there's not really a noticeable difference in the s/n for me, so it's just down to what looks cleaner and performs well, I haven't owned a Sony head unit yet, but I might check them out for my Accord. I've got a Pioneer DEH-4800MP in my Civic, sounds great and bangs pretty well for just a head unit powering the speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
                      no it isnt
                      he meant quality wise most likely, not literally the same thing with a different name

Comment

stick to something with a solid rep like alpine, jvc, eclipse...dual is at the bottom of the barrel along with brands like pyle...

Comment

Well I Personally Have A Full Sony System. It's Been The Best System I've Heard In A While. Maybe It's Because I Have The Full Thing Not Just The Deck. 4 4-Way Speakers, 1200 Watt Amp, 2 12" Subs And Sony Deck. I Can Personally Say It's Good.
                          "Saving The World, One Smile At A Time"

Comment

i got a JVC headunit with sony speakers all around, sony amp and 2 pioneer 12' subs. Quality is great, i've used this setup on a couple different rides(sounded the best in my DSM).
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I had an Aiwa mp3 deck in my car b4 and the sound quality sounded much better than the current sony xplod mp3 deck I'm running now..... I dunno maybe it had a better customization tables as far as amping out the mp3 files? The Aiwa had better presets and a easier menus as far as the custom equalizer goes. It wasn't really a cheap deck either and ran me jus a little over $200 when mp3 reading decks were new. Another feature I liked was the little remote that attached to my steering wheel, so there was no need to look down at the deck face and press buttons. It looked like a miny sized cruise/control thing and I fit it right on the outer part of the steering wheel and looked pretty much oem to the wheel!

Right now the technology is becoming a norm, so you can get a internet media reading deck for roughly 180ish. If Pioneer isn't you, I recommend getting an Aiwa or even a JVC over the Duals. My sister is running a Mp3 JVC deck in her prelude and even that sounds better than my x-plod deck and we are running the same aftermarket speaker setup.

I admit the Duals look flashy and better looking than the cheapo Rampage decks or whatever.... but I wouldn't risk it.
                              Last edited by Kurobei; 03-31-2006, 03:56 PM.
                              I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Oh and why i'm running a X-plod over the aiwa now is coz my Jack n' the Crack drink top came off and fried my aiwa deck!
                                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                                X