Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size

Just wanting to clarify, the front and rear speakers in the 92 LX are both 6.5" right?

First, Welcome to the board.

Second, I did a search and came up with this.

What I did was type in "speaker size" and have the serach only show threads with those words in their title. This eliminates a lot of time...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=Speaker+Size

Search is your friend bro!

Welcome,
    Adam

Comment

Much thanks!

Comment

That is correct, and when you install ask a local stereo shop for a couple foam baffles for your speakers. They will help with the mid-bass response a bit and keep your subs (if you are running one or more) from completely distorting the rears in the decklid. Just drop them in first, then screw the speakers in and trim off the excess.....
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yep same size i made the mistake of buying 6X9s for mine and had to swapp them out lol

Comment

just make sure if you install them that you align them properly b/c I intalled mine amd for some reason the trunk kept pulling the wires from the speakers every time I shut it. Took me forever to realize this. Just a heads up.

Comment

Only the EX and SE came with 6x9?
              1992 Honda Accord Owner

Comment

Originally posted by AccordMaestro
                Only the EX and SE came with 6x9?
                Yep. They had 4.5's in the doors too.

Comment

I never understood why the EX and SE came with bigger rears, but smaller fronts...

Comment

just take out the stupid plastic 4.5's housing and get yourself a plastic speaker housing from a prelude or acura like i did. than you can put a 6.5 or 5.25 in front door

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the little plastic black enclosure thingy behind the door panel when I installed my fronts. I got me a set of 6 1/2" speaker adapter rings and screwed them over the holes left there by the plastic enclosure. Now, just about ANY depth 6 1/2" speaker will fit in there with zero clearance problems. I have a loner set of Punch power series 6 1/2" coax's and they have a deep ass magnet/frame on them. Fit perfectly in there now. Word of advice tho, make sure you use some good self tapping sheetmetal screws or drill some pilot holes and use the screws that come with them. I'm gonna mount my components in the same place. Woofer in the modded door and the tweeter will be flush mounted in the panel right above. Oh, another tip, to make installing the wires easier, use a file/dremel to cut a slight groove in a side close to where the factory wire sits at. That way, you can run the wire in behind there to hook it up. Much better than squishing it inbetween the ring/door. Also, it's a good idea to use some thin weather stripping tape on the door itself before you permanently mount the ring to the door. Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        I never understood why the EX and SE came with bigger rears, but smaller fronts...
                        The reason behind it is because it's a different setup because it's an actual system. The front only process high and mid freq. while the rear only process low and mid freq. The front speakers work like components.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow_builder
                          The reason behind it is because it's a different setup because it's an actual system. The front only process high and mid freq. while the rear only process low and mid freq. The front speakers work like components.
                          Ah, makes sense! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordf22a6
                            Also, it's a good idea to use some thin weather stripping tape on the door itself before you permanently mount the ring to the door. Cheers!!
                            Very good advice...you could also use the sticky stuff from the plastic covering the door behind the panel, its kinda like putty...just put that behind the edges of the lil pod by the screws

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                            Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                            by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Working...
                            X