Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Autopage alarm system question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autopage alarm system question

So I have an Autopage RF-425 alarm system and it seems to come with a 2-way pager. I have one of the pagers and its the one with the lcd screen. I do not have the other one where its just 4 buttons.

My question is will the pager I have work well without the other pager, or do I need the other pager for the alarm to function properly? I have not connected yet. Anyone with any alarm knowledge will gladly help.

ShiroiKinCB

Its just a secondary remote.

I have no experience with the alarm, I only stick with big boy brands.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

What's a big boy brand? Clifford? Vipers? I didn't buy it, I know its a p.o.s. brand. I found the whole system in the junkyard. Now that you said that I kinda don't want to install it.lol

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

No, unless im grossly misinformed, every alarm will work with just one remote.

Actually it should work without any remote, except you would have no way of disarming or arming it.

The remotes only control that, but have no impact on the workingness of the alarm itself.

If it's installed properly, it will work.

You will just have one remote.

You could easily buy 2nd remote online anyway.

Comment

Can't beat a free alarm system. Sucks its an autopage. There the ones I see at the swap meets.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Honestly as long as it is reliable, who gives a fuck.

I say this when I have a DEI VIPER in both cars, but im not a snob.

Can't beat free.

Install it, test it out. If it arms/disarms/alerts reliably, then rock that shizz.

Comment

Autopage has always been one the better alarms companies out there. And for a long time. They just did not whore themselves out with cheap garbage products to destroy the alarm market,like Viper, to make a name for themselves.
              Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
                Autopage has always been one the better alarms companies out there. And for a long time. They just did not whore themselves out with cheap garbage products to destroy the alarm market,like Viper, to make a name for themselves.
                Lucifer! You always have the greatest stuff to say, ill take your word for it.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

LCD remotes usually have 4 buttons on the side, in which case it would work in place of, or parallel to, the non-lcd remote. Just program the one remote to the system, or both if you want.

Those LCD remotes are the best.

As for which brand works which way, most cheaper brands are running modified firmwares stolen from early (unprotected) viper systems. They all work almost exactly the same way. My personal fav is DSE Canada

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroiKinCB View Post
                    What's a big boy brand? Clifford? Vipers? I didn't buy it, I know its a p.o.s. brand. I found the whole system in the junkyard. Now that you said that I kinda don't want to install it.lol
                    I always suck with dei that makes those brands you listed.

Compustar is great also.

You can get a good remote start setup with pager starting around 150 bucks. If you dont want paging then you can get alarms at a great price also.

I still install these for a living =)
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                      I always suck with dei that makes those brands you listed.

Compustar is great also.

You can get a good remote start setup with pager starting around 150 bucks. If you dont want paging then you can get alarms at a great price also.

I still install these for a living =)
                      I'm planning on installing it myself, because I like to do things to my car on my own rather than paying someone else to do something I know I'm capable of doing. Is it a lot of splicing I have to do?

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

I'm planning on installing it myself, because I like to do things to my car on my own rather than paying someone else to do something I know I'm capable of doing. Is it a lot of splicing I have to do?
                        There are a few wires. Remote start is more splicing.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Im the lead Autotech at my bestbuy and I install alarms daily. as stated above, the other non lcd remote is just a secondary remote. Ive heard of that brand before but never seen one come into the bay. And its not soo much as there being a terrible brand and a amazing brand... the bigger well known companies tend to have a MUCH better tech support and easier to deal with... Thats why Best buy tends to only deal with Viper, Avital, and compustar

Comment

Originally posted by NC03GT View Post
                            Im the lead Autotech at my bestbuy and I install alarms daily. as stated above, the other non lcd remote is just a secondary remote. Ive heard of that brand before but never seen one come into the bay. And its not soo much as there being a terrible brand and a amazing brand... the bigger well known companies tend to have a MUCH better tech support and easier to deal with... Thats why Best buy tends to only deal with Viper, Avital, and compustar
                            So those are the big boy brands.
                            Well whether a known or unknown brand, an alarm is better than no alarm, right?

NC03GT, is there any way to plug up your stock horn than to have to stick with the cliché alarm horns you typically hear? I ask because youve probably done this

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

So those are the big boy brands.
                              Well whether a known or unknown brand, an alarm is better than no alarm, right?

NC03GT, is there any way to plug up your stock horn than to have to stick with the cliché alarm horns you typically hear? I ask because youve probably done this
                              Yup quite simple actually.... when you get the wiring diagram, the wire that says Siren, Which should be a +... (most alarms)... If the wire is a - then you can just tap the horn wire.... If the siren wire is a +, then you would just use a cheap relay to make it a - ..... Let me know if you have any questions... also, the12volt.com is a great place to get wiring specs for free

Comment

Working...
                              X