Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sometimes not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes not starting

When my car is cold sometimes it doesn't wana start. I turn the key and can hear the starter click but nothing happens. Finally after a few minutes it starts. It did it sometimes but it got worse. It went from sometimes to all the time. Idk what it can be. I just got a new starter. i can't play my stereo when the car is off either. It goes for a few seconds then turns off. I was thinking maybe it's the alternator. Please help it's causing me to be late to work cuz it's not starting.

Why would you think it was the alternator and starter and not even think about the battery, esp since the radio only works off the battery when the car is off.

The starter and alt only work if the battery works.

I would check your battery(and replace since it needs better CCA) and make sure your lines and terminals are good.

Then post back with what you find.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      Why would you think it was the alternator and starter and not even think about the battery
      Yeah seriously that should have been the first place to start...

Comment

I have this problem occasionally, and it's caused by corroded terminals. Sometimes I get lazy and don't clean them. My suggestion is to go check the terminals and clean them.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I just started getting this problem ever since i relocated my battery to my trunk. I haven't had it within the last few days, but about a week ago almost every time i went to start my car. Fresh terminals, Fresh wire, no corrosion. Maybe i need a bigger gauge wire? I'm using 4ga since i couldn't find 2ga anywhere and around here 0ga is $15 a foot, where as 4ga was $1.50 a foot. Just another issue i gotta fix eventually. idk, anyone have ideas?

not trying to threadjack here

Comment

With regards to relocating that battery to the trunk I would start by making sure your new grounds are sufficient. If you haven't, be sure to expose bare metal on the body before connecting the ground.

Comment

Working...
            X