Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Running on Battery only no Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running on Battery only no Alternator

Ok so...

I installed garret t3t4 on my h22a. I have downpipe but cant fit it past my cross member. Now I am running open turbo until the shop tells me my parts are in. I killed alternator(push started car, unpluged battery car dies). a day before my parts came in So now im charging my battery and i was wondering how long will my battery last on full charge and no atlernator. I won't have lights or radio on.
    Last edited by tutsuo; 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM.
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Each time you drain it, the battery will last shorter and shorter until you finally kill the battery, hope you carry jumper cables but even then a jump will only get you MAYBE 5 mins from dead up the road.

Car batteries are not meant to be fully discharged, your going to spend some $$ on batteries later.

Go to a junk yard, buy 3 used batteries, charge them, keep them in the trunk in plastic pans, then just swap out as needed if you are driving more than 15min up the road if you MUST drive without an alt. But what a pain in the ass!

Comment

I ran mine for an hour because i forgot to put the alternator ground back on and i had tape all over it. It turned of but turbed back on so i tought it was something stupid. Got home and notice the ground wasnt back on im not sure how long it will last like that. Dont full throttle it. That's why mine died. I stayed under 3k rpms and it got me home.

Mine does not have a turbo of course so im not sure you can relate to it.
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

well im guessing i actually killed the alternator a week ago and its lasted me this long, i live like 4 miles from my work and maybe 7 miles from my buddies shop. im hoping to make it to work and then to the shop with out dieing
        Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

See you'll be ok. Just like he said keep extra batteries in case of an emergency and try to go slow on the engine.
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

I used to run that way on my race car. Got tired of charging the battery between rounds and put the alternator back in.
            www.850fab.com
            IG - @850Fab
            FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Update LOL, i dont see the battery light or CEL nothing to indicate my alternator being dead but... Iv made it to work and the battery didnt seem to die any.

EDIT : Went out and ate lunch battery still lasting pretty good, next stop the SHOP.

EDIT 2: made it to the shop with no problem.
              Last edited by tutsuo; 08-08-2012, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X