Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car alarm accessories, sensors questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should the glass break sensor be mounted? I got mine stuck on the area where the cluster illumination adjustment knob is.
    Where do you guys have yours? Does it cover the rear windows and windshield?
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
      Here's the manual.

My questions are:

-The H1/5 brown wire: Do I connect it to the alarm stock siren? What about the mini siren? With that connection, it suppose to monitor the sirens. What is the purpose of doing this? So that when the voice module talks, the siren won't chirp?

-Wires H1/6, H1/7, and H1/8: These are multiplex sensor input, what does that mean? To which wires do I connect them to? These are for your own custom record messages, so how do you which message is which activate from these wires so you can connect to the appropriate alarm brain wires?

-I want to be able to turn on and off the voice module. So I was thinking of a manual switch to turn it on/off. Where should I wire the switch? Constant 12V or at the speaker?

Thanks.
      I didnt see this question, do you still need help on that?

Where should the glass break sensor be mounted? I got mine stuck on the area where the cluster illumination adjustment knob is.
      Where do you guys have yours? Does it cover the rear windows and windshield?
      Thanks.
      I mounted mine in a few places in my van. One spot was directly in the middle of the car, and the other was in a blank. It will pick up the noise. You can flush mount it to a blank or even somehow mount it in the stereo dash kit.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        I mounted mine in a few places in my van. One spot was directly in the middle of the car, and the other was in a blank. It will pick up the noise. You can flush mount it to a blank or even somehow mount it in the stereo dash kit.
        I got the mic mount between the steering and the knob that you adjust the lighting intensity in the dash.

I have the crime guard AU-94TM proximity sensor. It's a bit smaller than the DEI 508D. I mounted in the pic below between the auto shift and the e-brake console on plain view on top of the carpet. The problem is it only sense the front 2 windows, it does not sense the front of the hood nor the rear windows back to the rear windshield. What is the best location to mount it in our cars?

Last question, where and to what is the best to mount the stand alone magnetic dual shock sensor in our cars? Right now I got it zip tie to a wire harness bundle under the steering column next to the mini siren. The wire harness is not loose and pretty tight.

Thanks.
        Last edited by Bad_dude; 07-28-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I got the mic mount between the steering and the knob that you adjust the lighting intensity in the dash.

I have the crime guard AU-94TM proximity sensor. It's a bit smaller than the DEI 508D. I mounted in the pic below between the auto shift and the e-brake console on plain view on top of the carpet. The problem is it only sense the front 2 windows, it does not sense the front of the hood nor the rear windows back to the rear windshield. What is the best location to mount it in our cars?

Last question, where and to what is the best to mount the stand alone magnetic dual shock sensor in our cars? Right now I got it zip tie to a wire harness bundle under the steering column next to the mini siren. The wire harness is not loose and pretty tight.

Thanks.
          You dont need the prox to get the front of the car, its a interior motion detector. The only way would be putting it in the headliner. The engine blocks most of it. Personally I put it either under the shfiter area closer under the cup holder. Just because there is more room.

Shock sensor: Zip tie is fine, technically looser the better. I usually zip it decently and not super tight. Then I put my hand on it and I tap the pillar with my palm. If I can feel a vibration then its good. It will pick up vibrations better if its strapped to a wire harness than being strapped to metal.
          Go around the car and give the borders of the windows a good hit. Not window shatterying...but maybe a good Thud to get a warn away from the alarm. Nearest to the shock will be more sensitive than the others. Then working your way back to the rear windshield. Hit it a bit, if you have no more shock then turn it up a little bit and test again. You basically want a balance of a good shock without it being super sensitive in the front. Also FYI some alarms trip out if your hitting and tapping it a bunch of times, so cycle the key on-then off to reset it.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

You dont need the prox to get the front of the car, its a interior motion detector. The only way would be putting it in the headliner. The engine blocks most of it. Personally I put it either under the shfiter area closer under the cup holder. Just because there is more room.
            Wouldn't moving it closer to the front will reduce the pickup for the rear passenger and windshield area?

Shock sensor: Zip tie is fine, technically looser the better. I usually zip it decently and not super tight. Then I put my hand on it and I tap the pillar with my palm. If I can feel a vibration then its good. It will pick up vibrations better if its strapped to a wire harness than being strapped to metal.
            Go around the car and give the borders of the windows a good hit. Not window shatterying...but maybe a good Thud to get a warn away from the alarm. Nearest to the shock will be more sensitive than the others. Then working your way back to the rear windshield. Hit it a bit, if you have no more shock then turn it up a little bit and test again. You basically want a balance of a good shock without it being super sensitive in the front. Also FYI some alarms trip out if your hitting and tapping it a bunch of times, so cycle the key on-then off to reset it.
            I got the shock sensor reasonably good. I have to hit the rear harder to warn. I can also get to a very hard hit for full trigger. But when I turn just tiny bit up for the glass sensor, it goes off with the glass tapping. But then it also goes off with the type of warning hitting on the car body. I am thinking if the glass and the shock some how enhance the full trigger. So have to turn the glass sensor down to avoid the false trigger. I might just use the proximity for warnings and glass for full trigger. Also zone 1 for shock warnings. Turn off the zone 2 on the shock sensor.

What do you think of where I mount the mic for the glass sensor?

Should I mount it where my finger is pointing for the mic instead? Would it work better? It will show the little wire running there.

Here's my proximity.

Thanks.

Comment

Personally id put the sound sensor in the black by the switches. drill a hole and flush mount it from the rear. But regardless it will pick up the frequency wherever it is. if its under the dash then just turn up the sensor.

As for the prox, id put it under the brake console since your there. I personally dont like anything exposed.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I got my little toy thingie over it, so you can't see it. Even if the thief sees it, he would already be in the car. I hope the mini siren would drive him out. I don't want to remove my arm rest to remove the hand brake cover after. I could but doesn't the hand brake handle got metal in it? Wouldn't that block the radar in the sensor?
                Thanks.

Comment

I got my little toy thingie over it, so you can't see it. Even if the thief sees it, he would already be in the car. I hope the mini siren would drive him out. I don't want to remove my arm rest to remove the hand brake cover after. I could but doesn't the hand brake handle got metal in it? Wouldn't that block the radar in the sensor?
                  Thanks.
                  I didnt say hide it for theft, I just said hide it for a clean install.

The metal on the ebrake...barley. You wont loose anything. I installed those sensors near firewalls and still got decent prox out of it.

If you think about it, you drop your soda or something on the prox...its going to die. Hide it man =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I didnt say hide it for theft, I just said hide it for a clean install.

The metal on the ebrake...barley. You wont loose anything. I installed those sensors near firewalls and still got decent prox out of it.

If you think about it, you drop your soda or something on the prox...its going to die. Hide it man =)
                    ok. I'll hide it. But one drinks in my car other than water.
                    If I remember correctly, you said our cars do not have molex in the car jamb right? Just the boot and wires traveling through the boot?
                    Thanks for the help.

Comment

It is really a helpful thing if your cars do have these stuffs. It is to prevent burglars from attempting getting your property.

http://www.locksmithburien.net

Comment

I got a Atvital in my car.... it locks the door when i turn the ignition on im cool with that though i was thinking about having either the positive or negitave which ever unlocks the car unlock when i put it into park what do you think about that

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                        Do it once, do it right.
                        Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
                        Missing My
                        White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
                        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by schierholz View Post
                          I got a Atvital in my car.... it locks the door when i turn the ignition on im cool with that though i was thinking about having either the positive or negitave which ever unlocks the car unlock when i put it into park what do you think about that
                          That option is available and included in most new cars. How do you do that for our old cars?
                          Thanks.

Comment

with a relay anything is possible. Sounds like you can tag the shifter console on the park sensor and run a relay to the unlock on the brain and shoot a negitive trigger.

But you can just hit the unlock button =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

My 2-way Marksman Extreme X4 has this feature. It locks the doors when the ignition is turned on, it also unlocks the doors when the ignition is turned off, this is on my 92 EX-R.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                                My 2-way Marksman Extreme X4 has this feature. It locks the doors when the ignition is turned on, it also unlocks the doors when the ignition is turned off, this is on my 92 EX-R.
                                I think he was talking about putting it in park

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                                X