Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help out with the variable speed wiper mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help out with the variable speed wiper mod

so today i got this

from a CD5 i think. it was pretty mangled. but anyway the control box is an A12 on the DIY here it talk about using the A11. and its really hard for me to understand. can anyone help out and explain this in simpler terms?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Since you have the A11, you have to reroute your wiper connections through the A11 rather than the stock ICU. I just skimmed the DIY.

What specifically do you need help doing?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

No I have the A12

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

ok so today i just got an A11 ICU. what i dont understand is the part about the relay where is that from?

"After I got pm from fifedog229 who was having some issues with doing mod with a different version of the blue box, a better solution has been found..The 95 Accord v6 lx/ex 38600-SV7-A11 icu differs slightly from 96-97 Accord 38600-SV7-A12 I used. Luckily I pulled an extra box the last time I was at the junkyard and it happened to be an a11. After comparing and testing, the A11 has the corner light circuitry built in like the cb7. This allows the A11 to replace the accord icu and not have to piggyback 2 icus.

Tha A11 icu has the lights on buzzer built in so there no output to the external one. The internal light buzzer works when the icu is plugged in. The pin 3 orange output wire can be left in place since there is nothing connected on the board.

The A11 also has seat belt buzzer built in but is not needed for 90-91 since the auto seat belt module already does this. I don't have a 92-93 wiring diagram to see if the red/blu wire is present for the seat belt or if it needs to be run.

The key in buzzer has to be rewired. The cb7 has a 12v switched buzzer but the newer cars are ground switched. I wired up a relay inside the module to change it. I moved the the blu/wht key wire to the unused slot above it and soldered to the terminal to use as input to relay. I ran the relay output to the original key terminal and soldered it.

Add the variable wires to pin 6,7 and you are done.
        A whole lot easier than two icus"

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...le+speed+wiper

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

The relay simply converts 12v from key in switch to ground so the buzzer works. I installed the relay internally for cleaner install. It can be wired up outside.

If you don't want a key in buzzer than just remove the wire from the harness.
          Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

So did you just get a relay from auto zone? Then the wires are all under the dash going into the cb7 icu? Did you clip the pins you soldered them onto? Because they angle down and go into the chip.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Autozone has standard relays that will not fit eternally. Maybe they have a micro relay that will probably still too big. The relay I used comes from an electronics store.

No I did not cut the pins. The one used for input does connect to the board and the output needs to stay connected to work.
              Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

so without the relay the only thing that would be different is that there would be no dinging that lets you know when the key is still in when the engine is off but the door is open?

or would it still not ding if your have your lights on engine off door open and key is out of ignition?

do you know off hand which color wire that is? i know chiltons has wire diagrams but its confusing.

because if i can just un plug that wire and replace stock tcu with the a11 and variable speed work then thats fine with me.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                X