Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Possible bad ground or HU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible bad ground or HU?

Ok well heres my problem. The other day I traded in my amp for a lanzar monoblock, and when I connected it(had a ground loop installed) everything sounded good except I noticed my subs werent hitting some of the lower notes. So I decided to take it the ground loop, and all of a sudden, the started rumbling loudly, like it was constantly hitting like a 40hz tone. So after trying to figure out the problem, I discovered that when disconnecting the rcas, this rumbling stops. I decided to check the rcas(had fosgate rcas in there) and tested it with some monster rcas, and same thing. I also tried it with my bro's powerbass sub and same thing. Then I tried it in my friends car with his two Kicker CVRs and clean, no problem. So then after driving around with no subs, I noticed that my speakers give a very small whine when volume is at 0, that seems to change with acceleration. So this leads me to believe that I either have a bad Pioneer HU or a bad ground(which is what im leaning towards). So ive checked ALL my connections and they all seem to be good to me. I wanted to relocate my HU ground, but im not unsure which is the best location to do it to. Either that or get a ground loop that DOESNT block out my lows. What are your recommendations? Any help will be appreciated.

Originally posted by lilg4mdalbc View Post
    Ok well heres my problem. The other day I traded in my amp for a lanzar monoblock, and when I connected it(had a ground loop installed) everything sounded good except I noticed my subs werent hitting some of the lower notes. So I decided to take it the ground loop, and all of a sudden, the started rumbling loudly, like it was constantly hitting like a 40hz tone. So after trying to figure out the problem, I discovered that when disconnecting the rcas, this rumbling stops. I decided to check the rcas(had fosgate rcas in there) and tested it with some monster rcas, and same thing. I also tried it with my bro's powerbass sub and same thing. Then I tried it in my friends car with his two Kicker CVRs and clean, no problem. So then after driving around with no subs, I noticed that my speakers give a very small whine when volume is at 0, that seems to change with acceleration. So this leads me to believe that I either have a bad Pioneer HU or a bad ground(which is what im leaning towards). So ive checked ALL my connections and they all seem to be good to me. I wanted to relocate my HU ground, but im not unsure which is the best location to do it to. Either that or get a ground loop that DOESNT block out my lows. What are your recommendations? Any help will be appreciated.

If you have solid grounds and a decent head unit you do not need a ground loop isolator. Check all of your grounds, all of them.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Which ones would those be? Cuz I have checked the amp ground several times, but I dont know how to check the ground on the hu, so I want to relocate it to a solid spot. Also, I forgot to mention that I did my big 3 and grounded them to the strut tower.

Comment

Which ones would those be? Cuz I have checked the amp ground several times, but I dont know how to check the ground on the hu, so I want to relocate it to a solid spot. Also, I forgot to mention that I did my big 3 and grounded them to the strut tower.
        I'm talking about engine and chassis grounds as well. They need to all be there, and solidly grounded to BARE metal. And make sure the RCAs are on the opposite side of the car from the power cables.

Comment

Ok well I have my battery and alt grounded to bare metal. I also cleaned up the ground on the thermostat housing. What other grounds are there?

Comment

Ok well I have my battery and alt grounded to bare metal. I also cleaned up the ground on the thermostat housing. What other grounds are there?
            Do you have the valve cover ground on as well as the mount ground on the drivers side? And did you say if you had moved the hu ground yet? If not do so.

Comment

Yes to both. I have the valve cover on as well as the ground to the tower. And I tried regrounding the HU but i wanna reground again since i think my choice wasnt really that good. Whats a good place to reground the HU?

Comment

Yes to both. I have the valve cover on as well as the ground to the tower. And I tried regrounding the HU but i wanna reground again since i think my choice wasnt really that good. Whats a good place to reground the HU?
                You can run it down to the center hump, and bolt it down there.

Comment

Cool, sounds good. Always real helpful dj

Comment

Cool, sounds good. Always real helpful dj
                    Not a problem, let us know if you need more help.

Comment

Ground the outside of the rca's......if you look at the end of the RCA you have the point in the middle and the outside ring. Strip a piece of wire and wrap it around the outside of the ring ground the other end of the wire. Common problem with pioneer radios

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                        Ground the outside of the rca's......if you look at the end of the RCA you have the point in the middle and the outside ring. Strip a piece of wire and wrap it around the outside of the ring ground the other end of the wire. Common problem with pioneer radios

Ha ha ha I actually tried that after I regrounded the HU and it still did it, and it worked. I saw it on one of the posts I searched and thought why not give it a try. All I know is I got my bumps back Thanx for all the helpful suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                        X