Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What Subs To Use With 750 Watt Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Subs To Use With 750 Watt Amp?

So I have two 12inch AudioBahns, but they are pretty beat up so I was looking to buy 2 new subs but in all honesty I don't know any decent brands. Right now I have a Pioneer 750 Watt Amp to hook up to the subs. I am looking for something that hits nicely, I am not trying to blow my windows out or set-off alarms lol

Any help is APPRECIATED!!!

Is it 750 rms or max??

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
      Is it 750 rms or max??
      In all honesty I dont know what that means exactly, if you could maybe explain I would be able to find out and put the information up

Comment

Rms watts are the watts the amp can actually push out constantly with no problem. What the amp actually pushes. Max watts are what company's advertise when selling so you can pop a boner and spend that grip of money on it when in reality it pushes out half of that(or less). Look up the refrence code on your amp online and it should say the RMS watts

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
          Rms watts are the watts the amp can actually push out constantly with no problem. What the amp actually pushes. Max watts are what company's advertise when selling so you can pop a boner and spend that grip of money on it when in reality it pushes out half of that(or less). Look up the refrence code on your amp online and it should say the RMS watts
          In that case the 750 is the max because thats what the amp reads on the top as a design

Comment

Originally posted by ErMMaC View Post
            In that case the 750 is the max because thats what the amp reads on the top as a design
            how much fuse you have on? what the fuse rating? these letter say nothing. i already see an 2000 watts amp with 1x25 amp fuse. lolll 25 amp fuse = 100 watts rms about. lot of compagnie write false number, just to be attractive.... if you have for an example 2x 25 amp fuse, you can push about 200 rms with. or 2x30 about 250 rms. rms is constant (continious) power, peak also named false number is the wattage before trash. take attention on this thing

Comment

at 750 watts your amp broke, this is false number. for true power you divide by 2 if you wan t know average the real power. in this case if you have a 750 watts peak, you should have something like 2x 30amp fuse or something like this on. your amp has about 300 watts true power (rms). in this case you can drive a 300 watts rms subwoofer.. remember. the best is have more powerful subwoofer vs the amp power, if you are new in that domain. this will help you to avoid to burn your subwoofer otherwise if you know the domain, you can adjust the level to avoid to burn the sub also. with 350 rms subwoofer you will safe.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteShift View Post
                at 750 watts your amp broke, this is false number. for true power you divide by 2 if you wan t know average the real power. in this case if you have a 750 watts peak, you should have something like 2x 30amp fuse or something like this on. your amp has about 300 watts true power (rms). in this case you can drive a 300 watts rms subwoofer.. remember. the best is have more powerful subwoofer vs the amp power, if you are new in that domain. this will help you to avoid to burn your subwoofer otherwise if you know the domain, you can adjust the level to avoid to burn the sub also. with 350 rms subwoofer you will safe.
                So I Should always get a subwoofer that has more RMS then my amp does?

Comment

i would go with MTX or Kicker those or my favorites. I have a 1000w amp hooked up to a 12in kicker and its enough bass for me at the moment

Comment

i personally like rockford fosgate, with the wattage your pushing getting P1 or P2 would be my choice. i use to have two p1 12" subs and they sound amazing at only 150rms per sub, people thought i had thousands of watts. but the thing about rockford i like is their sound quality, yeah kicker hits hard but their sound isnt as good imo

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7matt View Post
                      i personally like rockford fosgate, with the wattage your pushing getting P1 or P2 would be my choice. i use to have two p1 12" subs and they sound amazing at only 150rms per sub, people thought i had thousands of watts. but the thing about rockford i like is their sound quality, yeah kicker hits hard but their sound isnt as good imo
                      i have also rockford fosgate, im not dissapointed i have 2x10 inch in my mazda 323 lolll, and what is excellent with this compagnies, its they say the true power, not only number to sell their product. little bit expensive but i you reach good sound, good power and want a sub least for longer this is definitly a good choice<<

Comment

So I have two 12inch AudioBahns, but they are pretty beat up so I was looking to buy 2 new subs but in all honesty I don't know any decent brands. Right now I have a Pioneer 750 Watt Amp to hook up to the subs. I am looking for something that hits nicely, I am not trying to blow my windows out or set-off alarms lol

Any help is APPRECIATED!!!
                        Rule of thumb is to match the subs RMS to the watts on the sub.

Comment

Its always been pretty spot on for me to check rms of a amp by adding up the fuses and x10. Say yo got 2 30 amp fuses. Is 60x10=600. And is usually at or just under half what the amp says on top. Normally gets pretty close when you clamp them. This in in the 14 volt range where most amps rate their power at

As for the subs I always match the rms of the sub to the amp or have the sub lower than the amp. If you got too much sub and not enough amp, folks tend to overdrive the amps outputs. This leads to distortion and blown subs. Most subs will take above rated clean power all day with no problems. Send them a distorted signal, heat up the voice coil, and you blow your subs. 99 out of 100 subs I see in my retail shop are from distortion and not over powering. I don't care if you got a 1500 rms amp, on stock electrical system in your car you will distorted and blow a 500 watt sub because you don't have enough
                          Power from the car to make power from the amp

Comment

I was snoopin' around Best Buy the other day for a new computer and ended up in the car section. They have 12" Kicker Comps for 49.99. Big sale. They're regularly priced at 129.99. I bought one for my Jeep and I have a 600watt 4 channel Amp (300rms), and it's hitting with 150rms. Enough to make the road blurry. Kicker's a pretty damn good brand, so you really can't beat it. That's if they have the deal in your area.

And to help with the amp, just take the numbers on the actual amp and divide by 2. Pretty good run around of what your rms is. Also, a speaker that has "1000 watts max"! written on it, can only really handle maybe 350rms. 750watts/300rms is enough to push 2 subs decently (150rms to each). After bumping for awhile, your amp may overheat and shut off or blow the fuse on your power wire connected to the battery though.
                            98' Mustang 3V Swap
                            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7matt View Post
                              i can vouch for the p1 myself. it was the first sub i ever owned. Very cheap... $80 CAD brand new about 3 years ago. It was clean and loud. I also owned 2 alpine type e 12" subs, 250rms each and those things were loud surprisingly in a bassworx box, i was using a 500/1jl amp to push them.

750, you can choose a variety of subs. but what type of bass are you looking for? do you wanna hit low notes, or high notes? do you want it to be loud, or clear, what type of enclosure do you have, ported or sealed? depending on the sub you are going to get, you may not be able to use the enclosure you have (if you have one already) for example a l3 kicker will not fit in a normal 12" sub box because of the shape. what exactly do you want to accomplish with your setup?
                              Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Working...
                              X