Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What Subs To Use With 750 Watt Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question is do the Audiobahn subs still work? If they are just ugly, scratched, dented, etc. then spend your money on a good box. If the cone or surround is damaged, just use some silicone to patch it up, then spend your money on a box.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Throw a single Kicker Comp in a slot port box tuned to 30hz, if your amp is 750 watts RMS use 2, 1 on each channel

Comment

Originally posted by trinistylez View Post
        i can vouch for the p1 myself. it was the first sub i ever owned. Very cheap... $80 CAD brand new about 3 years ago. It was clean and loud. I also owned 2 alpine type e 12" subs, 250rms each and those things were loud surprisingly in a bassworx box, i was using a 500/1jl amp to push them.

750, you can choose a variety of subs. but what type of bass are you looking for? do you wanna hit low notes, or high notes? do you want it to be loud, or clear, what type of enclosure do you have, ported or sealed? depending on the sub you are going to get, you may not be able to use the enclosure you have (if you have one already) for example a l3 kicker will not fit in a normal 12" sub box because of the shape. what exactly do you want to accomplish with your setup?
        Ok im trying to get a nice deep bass but not to an extreme
        and i looked to see that i have 2 25amp fuses which is around 500 rms?

Also the audiobahns do work but they are pretty beat up lol they have quite a few years on them and have been moved from car to car.

The box is not ported either its a solid 2 12inch box, although someone mention to me once that the box probably has a dividing piece between the two subs on the inside [o|o] <----- so something like that encase someone might not understand what I am saying

Comment

use a 375 RMS sub or two 175 rms subS
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
            use a 375 RMS sub or two 175 rms subS
            Id be running 2 12inch subs, would it be bad if both subs are 200rms each?

Comment

400 RMS pulling on your 375 rms amp they are going to eventually burn out the amp cause the speakers require more power than the speakers are pushing. it will work but who knows for how long and what problems it will cause. id rather blow my speakers than my amp. best thing would be to get two 150 rms subs so they are WELL powered. honestly though you only need one sub. personally id get one 300 rms sub. and 12's arent always best either. nothing is wrong with 8" or 10". it really depends on what music u listen to.
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                400 RMS pulling on your 375 rms amp they are going to eventually burn out the amp cause the speakers require more power than the speakers are pushing. it will work but who knows for how long and what problems it will cause. id rather blow my speakers than my amp. best thing would be to get two 150 rms subs so they are WELL powered. honestly though you only need one sub. personally id get one 300 rms sub. and 12's arent always best either. nothing is wrong with 8" or 10". it really depends on what music u listen to.
                How is it you know that my amp is 375 rms? Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that you could tell by how many fuses and the amount they are and just add them up and and multiply by ten

and i just noticed the typo in the max amp which is 760 not 750, sorry about that
                Last edited by ErMMaC; 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Speakers don't "pull" power. You won't kill an amp by connecting a speaker of a higher wattage. The amp can't tell a 4 billion watt speaker from a 2 watt speaker. Just because your amp matches your speaker doesn't mean that it will be the best match. Speaker power handling is more of a recommendation to the amp you should get because you really can't tell how much power your amp is putting out unless you have some sophisticated testing equipment. Sub size doesn't matter either. More is usually better as long as you can adapt it to your specific needs.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                  X