Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats the best set up for noise and space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBradley500 View Post
    I've got a kicker solo classic 15 in a sealed box and it really doesn't take up that much room. the box sizes those solo classics are designed to fit in and still work are really small imo.
    I put those behind 3rd rows in tahoes and
    Under truck seats all the time. In my opinion one of the best small box subs out. For some reason I don't have them listed in the 2012 kicker line up. If they go on clearence iam stock up on them

Comment

I have a 10inch MTX in a Sledge hammer box hooked up to a 1000w dual amp and it bumps hard im going to replace the amp at some point, im not a big fan a dual but for now it gets the job done

Comment

Originally posted by all_accord View Post
        What is the best set up for the 4door I was thinking something like 2 12s and a 1000w amp I want the most noise I can get but to still leave lots af room in the trunk
        IMO go with shallow subwoofer, they need little cubic feet box to give you great sound compared to traditional subwoofer. shallow subwoofer is compact the single thing different is the magnet, otherwise to be in lenght, they are in width.
        the sound and performance are about same. big sub dont say, big performance. if you have 3/4 inch voice coil this is poor. more big is the voice coil, more performance your sub will able to give to you. an 8 inch subwoofer can push more than a cheap 15 inch subwoofer.. if you want save some space you can go with a 8 inch, this is not bad, and use a small amout of space. 10 inch can be good also, but more the sub is big, more you will need big box. this depend also of what you reach, what you listen, 8 & 10 inch give good frequence, example the frequency of a metal music is almost mid frequency. if you listen rap music like lil john this is low frequency and the best to play low frequency is 12 or 15 inch. good luck buddy, audio world have so much possibility. also, buy great brand, this is the most inportant thing, and never base your purchase on number on box, they are peak power, not (RMS) Continious power.
        Last edited by WhiteShift; 02-18-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by all_accord View Post
          What is the best set up for the 4door I was thinking something like 2 12s and a 1000w amp I want the most noise I can get but to still leave lots af room in the trunk
          There is a wide variety of answers for your question. I have heard rear 6x9's that sound like subs if your looking for bass. Anyways, for winter I'm running a Jl w7 8inch, in a 10 bassworx box, ported, i took a piece of mdf wood and made a 8inch hole to mount the sub. Im pushing 800w on a crappy sony amp to it. People never believe how small it is. They always think its two 12's or 2 10's. Not only is it loud, but its clean and precise. It also doesnt hurt the bank in my opinion compared to what jl audio products are normally priced at. I can post up pics tmw if you would like, a video as well. Just let me know.
          Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Never knew you picked your sub size by what music you listen to. Guess the guys bass racing with 8 inch subs are doing it wrong. And box size is determined by the sub not what size it is. There are 15s that require 1cuft or less. I have my 15in sub crossed over at 125hz and love the way it blends in with the mods as wells as still slapping out the lows. It's ported and has no problems playing rock as it does bumping rap music

The size of the sub has nothing to do
            With what it will or will not play. It's all about the speaker specs and the box

The best way to find a set up you like is just to ask people with systems to listen to them. If you like it ask what that they got
            Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 02-18-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
              Never knew you picked your sub size by what music you listen to. Guess the guys bass racing with 8 inch subs are doing it wrong. And box size is determined by the sub not what size it is. There are 15s that require 1cuft or less. I have my 15in sub crossed over at 125hz and love the way it blends in with the mods as wells as still slapping out the lows. It's ported and has no problems playing rock as it does bumping rap music

The size of the sub has nothing to do
              With what it will or will not play. It's all about the speaker specs and the box

The best way to find a set up you like is just to ask people with systems to listen to them. If you like it ask what that they got
              You mentioned 8 inch subs, so I'm assuming your making a referral to me or that other dude that mentioned 8 inch subs earlier..

I don't pick my sub size based on what music I listen too. I threw in something cheap for winter because last time I had my expensive stuff in the car, I got condensation in my amp and burned it out. That amp cost me $650 Unlike some people, I learn from my mistake, so i put this cheap sony amp in the car I had laying around, just for a little bump for the winter along with a 8w7 I picked up for $200

You are right, its not about the size. But keep in mind, this guy wants to have plenty of space in his trunk. Hence why I shared my experience with the jl 8w7 and just how compact it is but at the same time what it has and is capable of delivering.

Lastly your wrong. Subs may determine what size your box should be, that does not mean thats what it has to be. People modify their boxes all the time, to fine tune the music to their listening needs. Look at rockford fosgate, I followed one of their templates for a p3 in my gf's car, sounded like shit. Used a box that one of the moderators from ontario bass society built for me, and the thing pounded, I did not adjust the deck, amp, eq nothing, just changed the box, and it made a HUGE difference.
              Last edited by trinistylez; 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I wasn't referring to you, I was just pointing out that a lot of the time you get the reply from forum that 10s play rock and 15s play rap. Your 8w7 is the perfect example that you don't need big subs to hit low notes

As for the specs for the box, I don't go by what they recommend I go the spec sheet for the sub based on what power I have. All those other numbers besides the power handling of the sub are the key to follow (fs,qts...ect)

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                  I wasn't referring to you, I was just pointing out that a lot of the time you get the reply from forum that 10s play rock and 15s play rap. Your 8w7 is the perfect example that you don't need big subs to hit low notes

As for the specs for the box, I don't go by what they recommend I go the spec sheet for the sub based on what power I have. All those other numbers besides the power handling of the sub are the key to follow (fs,qts...ect)
                  Sorry I miss understood you.

Comment

ive ran alpine type r's in my cars since they released a few years ago and have yet to be let down by them. you can get them for little money nowadays if you do some shopping online. also if you want a small space to be taken up invest in some sort of deadner like dynamat or fatmat. you will be able to run a smaller setup and have a bigger sound.

Comment

Working...
                    X