Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whining noise with stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
    I also ran the remote wire on the rca side... Does this matter?
    No.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I doubt it, unless your HU is 500w and your remote is like 4ga.... Do the RCA test though. Unplug it from the amp, rev your car, if the wine is gone, you know it's the ground/bad RCA's.

Comment

Originally posted by tlej@live.com View Post
        I doubt it, unless your HU is 500w and your remote is like 4ga.... Do the RCA test though. Unplug it from the amp, rev your car, if the wine is gone, you know it's the ground/bad RCA's.
        alright thanks for the rca test... it was only 1 set that was bad(my 6x9 set) the other set was good.. thanks for the help, close thread

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
          alright thanks for the rca test... it was only 1 set that was bad(my 6x9 set) the other set was good.. thanks for the help, close thread
          Even though something is brand new doesn't mean it's always gonna work out of package, sometimes you get duds. Glad it got handled!
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

There is a component you can buy from most car stores that connects to your RCA's. It can be called by a few different names but works to solve the interference sound (usually occurs when you start the car engine).

It can be called "noise suppressor", "noise eliminator" etc. Tell them your problem and they will point you to the component.
            Rides:

Accord
            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by tlej@live.com View Post
              Is there any wine when the car is just in the ACC position? (I know you said it's RPM related, but .. still.)
              had a similar problem on my friends eg that i installed. and no noise when in the acc position and it was rpm related, when the engine was running. everything else was mint. i did run a new ground from his alternator and problem solved.
              Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
                This can also be caused by overgrounding. Remember that audio ground and chassis ground must never touch. Audio ground must be isolated. "Ground" parts of audio cables such as the outside ring of RCA cables must never touch metal.
                Except for when pico fuses blow.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

you can allway run your deck ground to where you ground your amp and a capacitor on you alt. will reduce or eliminate ground noice

Comment

Working...
                  X