Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help! Stereo doesn't work while in acc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Stereo doesn't work while in acc!

I finished installing my new stereo system, hoping the old radio's bad habit of not working in the acc (key turned to first position before "on") would just go away, but my new stereo has the same problem!

I checked the harness upon splicing the new connector for the new stereo deck, and ever connection and pin seems fine.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

You should use a test light or multimeter to check for power at the wires that feeds the deck, if your not getting power to a certain wire, I would trace it back to the source.

Heres a link to all the typical chassis electrical wiring diagrams for our cars:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184559
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

sounds as if someone had direct wired the 12v switched (red) wire on the back of the deck to the fuse box or ignition wire in the main harness. would need to relocate it to a wire that fets power when the key is set to acc.
      SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
        sounds as if someone had direct wired the 12v switched (red) wire on the back of the deck to the fuse box or ignition wire in the main harness. would need to relocate it to a wire that fets power when the key is set to acc.
        agreed with big rich. just out of curiosity, did your old stereo ever work before in acc?
        Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Originally posted by trinistylez View Post
          agreed with big rich. just out of curiosity, did your old stereo ever work before in acc?
          In op first post he said his old radio had a bad habit of not working in acc

Comment

make sure the yellow and or orange wire is hooked up to your harness and did you buy an aftermarket harness adapter for the new deck? if so you should be fine check the fuse box should be a fuse locator on the lid or check your manual and you should have a fuse that runs acc. or radio illumination also see if there is a fuse thats for your key accessory

Comment

ignition accessory ^

Comment

a radio does not see the diference between acc or on. all it sees is 12v. turns on when it sees it or off when it doesnt see it. are any other oem components not functioning when you have your acc on? have you checked your inside and outside of the car fuses? you can always just run a new acc from the ignition harness. if youve had the same problem with 2 stereos in the same car then most likely it has something to do with you car not the radios. check all fuses good luck

Comment

Working...
                X