Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock Harness Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Harness Question

I have an aftermarket pioneer deck i want to put in n i lost the aftermarket harness. I know i can cut the stock plug and just connect the wires. does anyone have a diagram of the stock plug and what each wire is? or could i just use a voltmeter or test light to find the power wire? help is appreciated!!

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=97949
    good luck!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

much thanks man!!

Originally posted by scudweiser
      i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

or you can get a female version of the oem plug so you dont have to cut it off for about 10-15 from walmart, and it will have the standard aftermarket colors so you just have to match them up

Comment

best way to go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...ht_4488wt_1004

91 lx that I call Cinnamon

Comment

definatly get the plug from walmart then when you decide to change the deck you dont have to cut and redo it just change the plug to the other deck much easier

Comment

Did u lose the aftermarket harness to the deck or the harness that plugs into the stock plug?

Comment

From my experience, the wires in the car match the wires on the deck... so you can just match them up. However, cutting your harness is a BAD idea. Mine is cut (oddly enough, Best Buy cut it originally... assholes.) I wish it wasn't, and I plan on wiring up a stock plug in the future. I HATE cutting my stock harness for anything!

Comment

The stock wires are not the same colors as aftermarket wires. Aftermarket wiring usually sticks to the same shit: yellow, red, black, purple, purple with black stripe, etc. The wiring in the car has a completely different coloring scheme. If your stock plug is cut, what I would do it hit the JY and cut a plug and wire it back up to your cut shit. Then get a aftermarket harness and do it correctly.

Comment

way easier to go to wal mart and get an adapter for like 10 bucks. it tells u how to wire it and everything.

its more of a hassle to cut it.

and kinda ghetto...

Comment

Originally posted by accordlove View Post
                      way easier to go to wal mart and get an adapter for like 10 bucks. it tells u how to wire it and everything.

its more of a hassle to cut it.

and kinda ghetto...
                      Most definitely. Cutting the plug makes no sense at all when u can get the adapter for next to nothing and shit is way more simple.

Comment

The radio harness was hacked to death in my old Civic, the damn clock didn't even work. Just replaced the entire dash harness to get everything working right.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                        X