Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my speakers or no speakers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my speakers or no speakers...

i like the subs i have bt i think all dat weight is slowin my car down...

what shuld i do...???keep or tke out...???

I really dont think your subs are gunna slow you down much unless you took out your back seat and put an few 350 ounce subs in the wall behind your seat :-P however if your car is doing 1/2 mile runs and your trying to shave an second or two most people pull there sub box out before they go to the track an sub box is no diffrent then haveing an kid sitting in your back seat it dosnt make an huge diffrence. But if your talking an second slower it could help to pull them its more your call.id tare out my ac,power steering, cruse contoll, get rid of my seats, carpet, door pannals, heater, spare tire, balance shaft belt ect before id go worrying about subs lol but thats just me peace
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Depending on the vehicle, hp/tq, and random other things it's roughly 100lbs=1/10th of a second in the quarter mile. So unless you're going to put your car on a serious diet I wouldn't bother with it too much. If you do want to then look into aftermarket seats and gut everything. All in all if this is your daily driver you might not want to go that route. I don't have anything in my car other than what's absolutely necessary to drive it but then again I could care less about ac and everything lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
        Depending on the vehicle, hp/tq, and random other things it's roughly 100lbs=1/10th of a second in the quarter mile. So unless you're going to put your car on a serious diet I wouldn't bother with it too much. If you do want to then look into aftermarket seats and gut everything. All in all if this is your daily driver you might not want to go that route. I don't have anything in my car other than what's absolutely necessary to drive it but then again I could care less about ac and everything lol.
        lol i feel ya...my ac doesn't work anywayz so i need 2 take it off anywayz...

Comment

I don't have ac, ps, cc, my trunk is gutted, wall behind the seats has been cut out, back window replaced with plexi glass, and anything and everything under the hood for the most part has been removed. Hell even brackets under the hood have been tossed and now have zip ties lol. Then again I have a roll cage so i'm probably not far off from what the car's original weight was to begin with lol.

Comment

I don't have ac, ps, cc, my trunk is gutted, wall behind the seats has been cut out, back window replaced with plexi glass, and anything and everything under the hood for the most part has been removed. Hell even brackets under the hood have been tossed and now have zip ties lol. Then again I have a roll cage so i'm probably not far off from what the car's original weight was to begin with lol.
            lol u almost juss got a shell...

Comment

Yeah pretty much. Most of it was that way when I got it and then I did a little bit more weight reduction. It's really only bad when it rains because of the lack of ac. There's more road noise too but here that's something that just doesn't bother me.

Comment

Yeah pretty much. Most of it was that way when I got it and then I did a little bit more weight reduction. It's really only bad when it rains because of the lack of ac. There's more road noise too but here that's something that just doesn't bother me.
                o ok den...i feel ya...once u get used 2 it u dnt hear it no mo...

Comment

I'd just keep the subs in the car...its not like you racing for money or anything major,Now if you running full blown turbo and at the track every weekend I'd pull the system out.

Car audio classifieds...
                  http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
                  Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

Comment

I'm all about the creature comforts, AC, CC, PS, my system. I just build the car to be quicker every chance I get, regardless of what I put in it. I did remove the spare, jack, toolkit and some other crap to help offset the weight of my subs and because my trunk build would have made them useless anyway.

Comment

Do it. See if you notice a diffrence. If you do and you like it keep it that way, if you do not, then put it back.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

I seriously doubt it'll make a difference now my cause it will(two 65lb woofers 88lb box 6cubes extra batteries etc..)...but if you do pull your ac I'll take it all!

Car audio classifieds...
                        http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
                        Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

Comment

well......thats all up to you. personaly i have 4 tens. i have nevr even thought about the weight or how it would affect my speed. i am a cruiser. speed limit or less. i love my honda but i would nevr use it for racing.

Comment

it's a personal choice. I haven't rocked subs in a hot minute. If i ever did get a sub its a single 10 in a sealed box.

My civic was completely gutted. All i had was doorpanels, 2 seats, and my dash. I prefer it that way since that was my project car. My Teg was full interior, and stock audio.

think about what it is you want. if you want to go fast you need to remove weight or add power.

if you want to go even faster add power and remove weight

Comment

Working...
                            X