Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

can i use the OEM din sleeve for new stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i use the OEM din sleeve for new stereo?

i was wondering if i could do that,
    and should i buy a wiring harness as well?
    im pretty low on cash right now..

it would be great if i could.. but if not, does anyone know where i can get either these things for cheap?

picture by: npor

your junkyard is the best bet to be able to find those OEM stereos for cheap, if you have one around you

if you go with an OEM stereo, you won't need a wiring harness. Most honda/acura radios from 92-98 (maybe even a little bit earlier) use the same plug, so you can roam around and find one with a similar plug and you're good to go. I myself have an Acura Integra Single CD/FM/AM stereo hooked up, plug and play if you have the code.

Word of warning though, the Acura CL radio sports the "bose" emblem, and i believe that to make it work it needs matching bose speakers. I personally tried that CL radio in my car and my speakers were whispering my music, even at full blast. If the stereo you see has BOSE on it, i'd stay away because it might not work too well.

Most of the time you'll find the cassette ones in the junkyard, and if you're lucky an OEM honda CD accessory too. Otherwise, check your craigslist and do a search of honda or acura stereos, and hopefully something comes up with a reasonable price.

if you go with an aftermarket stereo, you will need a wiring harness to adapt it to the OEM one, and an aftermarket stereo install kit for the honda accord. it should already come with a wiring harness

hope i answered some of your questions, and some members should come in eventually with more answers if needed.
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

i meant to say, could i use the sleeve that my stock stereo came in, to mount an aftermarket stereo. (without buying another DIN sleeve.)

idk if im making sense or not

Comment

Yes, I have done it. Usually an aftermarket stereo will have threaded holes on the sides, and you may be able to line them up with the holes on the bracket, or drill new holes.

Also get a harness adapter, they are about $10 at walmart. Much cleaner install.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          Yes, I have done it. Usually an aftermarket stereo will have threaded holes on the sides, and you may be able to line them up with the holes on the bracket, or drill new holes.

Also get a harness adapter, they are about $10 at walmart. Much cleaner install.
          is the harness just a direct plug and play?

and thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by struckaccordCB7 View Post
            is the harness just a direct plug and play?

and thanks for the info!
            Yes it is. Just color match the wires and you're set

Comment

Yea you wire the harness to your new stereo harness, then just plug it into the stock plug and your done.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
              Wimp go low or go home haha
              Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
              Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Originally posted by struckaccordCB7 View Post
                i meant to say, could i use the sleeve that my stock stereo came in, to mount an aftermarket stereo. (without buying another DIN sleeve.)

idk if im making sense or not
                Mine didn't have a sleeve, the unit was mounted to the pocket with a small bracket and screw on each side. I just "attached" the bracket to the din sleeve on both sides and set the head unit in the hole. It wasn't secure, but it worked.

Comment

Working...
                X