Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sub question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub question

when u get a new sub, does it have a break in period?

All new subs need to be broken it. The voice coil(s) need time to adjust to the power and give a little flexibility before you just turn them on full blast.
    "I'm NOT drunk, I'm avoiding Potholes".

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174029
    Check out the whip^

Comment

Not all subs need a "break-in" period. Subs, even brand new have been tested and pushed a little before you even buy them. If you are pushing true RMS power to a brand new sub it is advisable to ease it into full power, especially in cold weather but not required. I have many new subs from high end retailers and never once read or been told that a speaker must be broken in. It is more a question of per use, where each time you turn it on you should let it build up and play a little before going full blast. I personally never go full blast because if you balance power right it will be plenty lound at half volume.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
      WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

Over time the suspension components will settle and the sub will get it it's final sound. You can run it full power but expect it's sound to change.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Over time the suspension components will settle and the sub will get it it's final sound. You can run it full power but expect it's sound to change.
          Exactly, when a speaker is new the spider and surround are stiff and do not allow the speaker to move to its full potential. Once a speaker has seen some hours of play the spider will loosen up allowing the speaker to reach different tones at different power levels than when it was new.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
          WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

ok thank you for your help guys i appreciate it

Comment

Working...
            X