Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rumbling from subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumbling from subs

Hey guys well just recently happened. my old amp set fire so i put my back up in, now theres a rumble from them, it gets power and everything but when i like turn them up high enough they just rumble. i dont know whats wrong all connections are good. dont know what else to check. never had this happen so i dont know how to go about diagnosing this.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Your old amp caught fire so you put a new amp in?
    Your sub is probably blown. Push on the cone to see if you hear a scratching noise.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Check your ground connection at the chassis (not the amp end).

Comment

none of my subs i put in there are blown all move fine no scratching sound that was the first thing i checked for, cant be blown either since they still bump. its just turns into rumbling when its up loud. but ill check that ground today.

Comment

turn your gain on your amp down and then turn the hu up to see if it still makes the sound

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

you have a bad ground to the chassis..and your gain is most likely all the way up also..turn it down, as stated before..

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
            Originally posted by bmxicansd
            so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

When you ground out your amp to the chassis make sure to sand down the paint so it's a good connection. Also use a zip screw or sheet metal screw so it's not loose.

Comment

ive grounded the amp to the same spot and there is no paint there. checked ground tight, even switched out subs, still does it. what else could it be? power is nice and tight remote is tight also. this problem seems to be astray from my usual problems. also turned the gain down still occurs.

Comment

Blown rca outs?
                  I'm starting to think its the hu.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Im starting to think RCA's too, my friends did this and we replaced the RCA's and it was fine, my last amp never did this, ill try the RCA thing tomorrow to test if it works. other then that might have to find another HU to try.

Comment

I sense a disturbance in the force... It is telling me that you have a Pioneer Headunit with a blown pico fuse...

Comment

my subs only rumble when i'm driving and have the system on but music too low to make the subs hit... or if i mess with the gain on my amp... try fine tuning the amp

the way they do it in shops is to turn everything all the way down but the bass all the way up and then set the amp settings where the subs hit the cleanest

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Its a bad amp. I have one that does that its a hitron 1000w I took it out and put my new alpine in and its gone
                          Last edited by 92turboaccord; 12-07-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

hmm i need to find another amp to try cause this is my friends hes letting me borrow, never had that happen. I guess its time for a new amp so i can give this one back. and whats wrong with pioneer HU's?

Comment

Originally posted by 5spd92 View Post
                              hmm i need to find another amp to try cause this is my friends hes letting me borrow, never had that happen. I guess its time for a new amp so i can give this one back. and whats wrong with pioneer HU's?
                              Nothing some people just don't like them

Comment

Working...
                              X