Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What size sub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do end up upgrading to a sub I reccomend you put dynamat or whatever on the rear deck it is what rattles most..I have 2 12's and have virtually no rattles with just the rear deck done.

Comment

first off the is all pesronal prefrance. with that said if you want clean sound stick with a sealed box. sealed=quiter cleaner ported=loud as far as subs go one 10 will do the job but two in sterio is better sound quality. now rattles can be stoped by checking if everything is tight/not loose in the trunk. aslo from a preformance point of view mate its just add weight(alot of weight) for a little cleaner sound, so if you want it fast too skip the mate

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
        you can run a pair of 8s if you just want really good sound and no rattles.

And don't use fatmat. That's garbage. Unless you want your car to rot so bad when it's hot out you practically vomit.

But really, there's no best size. It's all about the overall system. A pair of 10s on in a ported box might be louder than a pair of 12s in a sealed box. A pair of 10s with 1500 watts might be louder than a 15 with 1000 watts. One might sound better, one might cause more rattles. If you explained more about what you wanted to do exactly, it'd be more helpful than just the sizes...
        8s with no raddle ha u shoulda seen my friends mazda windshield flexxing with 2 8s (jl w7)
        but seriously u r right there is not best size its preference and application
        Originally posted by myslowcb7 View Post
        first off the is all pesronal prefrance. with that said if you want clean sound stick with a sealed box. sealed=quiter cleaner ported=loud as far as subs go one 10 will do the job but two in sterio is better sound quality. now rattles can be stoped by checking if everything is tight/not loose in the trunk. aslo from a preformance point of view mate its just add weight(alot of weight) for a little cleaner sound, so if you want it fast too skip the mate
        yes its all preferance and application in this game but after reading more if he just wants a lil thump i suggest a fi x 10 or a dc audio lv 2 8 both ported to like 34

Comment

Originally posted by CBsevenTUNER View Post
          Im running a 12" MTX Thunder series 5500 in a ported box tuned to 33mhz, powered by a mono-block amp at 500watts RMS. It's barely cranked up at all and it hits hard enough to be uncomfortable, but i have it set at a good range.
          Ive got the same subs but in a sealed box and a 500w mono Bazooka amp. It sounds great.
          http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...0360.546677864
          http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...0360.546677864
          Thinkin about addin more.

Comment

With 1 12" sub is all you need. Also depends what Kind of sub and amp are you hooking up. I used to have 2 12" Hifonic zues and it was impossible to store stuff in my trunk. 12" RE XXX is like having 2 Subwoofers in one
            MY MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Originally posted by koreanuso View Post
              I was thinking of running one 12" sub in my cb7 to get a nice clean bass. Is a 12 too overpowering and will it rattle my trunk?
              Its your preference, however if I may suggest, find your local jl dealer, tell them you want 2 entry level 8's, and an rms matched output amp, you will be more than happy, also a capacitor would enhance the sound even more,
              a 12 is good, low, and clean, but imo, very overpowering. I was running 10" memphis, with 700 watt bazooka mono amp, and a 1.7 farad cap, and it would rattle your nuts loose, not to mention all the car parts now rattling, and I can't find half of them.......good luck, ultimately its your decision.......
              Last edited by f22a1raptor; 01-09-2011, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I got mine and the guy that had it before me was a moron. It's got an Xplode head unit and 2 12" Xplodes in the trunk. Box is too small and I dont even know what amp is in it. I really dislike Sony but I do like the way it hits. Haven't had the car but 2 months so I'm still finding all the hidden crap. Dual 12's is the way to go though. I dont feel like mine is shakin apart but I could be wrong. LOTS of learning left to do.

Comment

It depends on what kind of music you listen to in all honesty. Hip hop you can deal with bigger subs with more "room" to move and if you like rock you'll probably like more punchy 10"

Comment

Working...
                  X