Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My wires are all short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wires are all short

My system was doing good, I didnt really know how to wire it but a friend and I did it together since he did his system and it seemed legit.

It's kinda of ghetto, actually. Cutted up all the wires and now there all short so hard to work with. Everytime I take the take off, the little electric wires fall or break off and i have to cut some more.

I was wondering if I can get a new wire harness?

I know it plugs into somewhere in the car, then comes to the lower dash with all the wires you need to hook up with your aftermarket deck.

I saw these on ebay, but are they the correct ones? Or should I just take it to somewhere where they can do it professionaly, and where?

http://cgi.ebay.com/89-90-91-92-HOND...item5adbf43d33

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stereo-Wire-Harn...item19a42ee56d

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...Q5fAccessories

Firstly - Please use appropriate titles, Some people here use this site at their workplace so they don't need offensive words written in CAPS.

Secondly - Take it to a professional.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Did you (or friend, whoever wired it) chop off the harness end and splice the stereo wires to it using electrical tape?

If you already threw out the end, you need the second harness you linked to (the one that says reverse harness) or just get another one from the wrecker with as much length of wiring as you can get. This will return the wiring to stock and also give you a bit more length to the wires. You then need to use the first harness link (harness adapter) so you can wire it to your deck, and the end plugs into the car harness. Use crimps for all connections, not twisting it together and taping it.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
        Firstly - Please use appropriate titles, Some people here use this site at their workplace so they don't need offensive words written in CAPS.

Secondly - Take it to a professional.
        I didnt spell out the whole word, but okay. Will not do that anymore...

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
        Did you (or friend, whoever wired it) chop off the harness end and splice the stereo wires to it using electrical tape?

If you already threw out the end, you need the second harness you linked to (the one that says reverse harness) or just get another one from the wrecker with as much length of wiring as you can get. This will return the wiring to stock and also give you a bit more length to the wires. You then need to use the first harness link (harness adapter) so you can wire it to your deck, and the end plugs into the car harness. Use crimps for all connections, not twisting it together and taping it.
        To make things more clear.

The wire that comes out of the car (wherever its plugged into) that connects to the OEM tape player, is a direct plug in. I chopped off the plug-in that goes into the oem tape player in the back and split the wires seperately then connected them to the aftermarket cd player. The aftermarket wires are good, its just the ones coming out to meet the aftermarket wires.

Comment

The stock stereo harness doesn't really plug in anywhere. It's all a part of the main under dash harness so you won't be able to replace just the stereo harness.

The reason why you shouldn't cut off the end that plugs in is exactly why you are having problems. Wires will be too short, the stock wiring will keep fraying. The harness adapter makes the aftermarket wiring a plug and play to the oem harness. It's like $10, very much worth the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
            I didnt spell out the whole word, but okay. Will not do that anymore...
            Had I seen that first, I'd have deleted the thread.

Comment

What you're saying is that the wires on the car end were cut? Best bet is to go to a junk yard and cut off the harness in another CB and try to get as much of the wiring as you can. Then rewire that harness into your car and go to Best Buy or something and buy a radio harness that allows you to wire your aftermarket deck with the harness in the dash.
              Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

Working...
              X