Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

should I buy a stronger sub amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should I buy a stronger sub amp?

I have a 92 Accord EX coup. I am about to put the stereo I had in my other 92. I have the CS series JBL 4 channel 320 watt full range amp and the CS series 300 watt mono sub woofer amp. It has two outlets (not channels) that are 150 watts RMS each, so It isn't bridgeable. I have a Pioneer Premier deck which I'm happy with. It reads all different formats, even data disks. You can put an amazing number of songs on a data disk. The deck also gives me a lot of control over the sound, especially the bass, for not having a bass remote, and it has an iPod adapter in the glove box. I like my full range amp too. It is very clean and I know it is stronger than 320 watts. I have 6.5" Infinity Kappa series speakers for the doors and It already has a set of 6.5 inch (fairly new) Infinitie's in the back. I don't know what, if anything, are in the doors. I seem to get enough bass out of the two JBL GT4 10" subs in their vented box, but I'm wondering if I would get cleaner, stronger bass with an amp with more watts. Maybe I should upgrade my 6.5" loudspeakers to a brand that puts out more bass. I don't know much about car audio. I know what sounds good and my system sounds pretty good but I think it could sound a lot better. I'm just not sure where to start upgrading. Any advice or references would be appreciated. Thanks, Fly.

Infinity Kappa's are ok. Better than what most people run anyways. What model are the subs?
    Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

To get a stronger deeper bass note, if you are running 2 10's, at least 700 watts on the subs, a 1 farad capacitor for the subs, and a low wattage, like 4 channel amp for the 6x9's and the 4" in the doors. Also get some tweeters for extra clarity on the front end.

Comment

Upgrade your box to a custom ported one...then go from there

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
        X