Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wideband/muffler interference with speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wideband/muffler interference with speakers

hello people.....i've been having this interference issue but not only the muffler... the wide band (aem) too!! its like a piiiiiii constant i took out the entire console reinstalled the radio, rerouted the wideband harness and still get that noise i even use individual ground's
    only have head unit, amp 4 ch no sub battery relocated to trunk.

can someone pinpoint or give me an idea what could be causing noises?
    thankyou!

Do you have a pioneer?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What brand/model of spark plugs & wires are you using?

When do you get the noise, all the time? Or when your "spirited" driving?

Is the noise your getting coming through the speakers on your stereo? Then this link might help: http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

sonikaccord Do you have a pioneer?
        i have a kenwood head unit and a profile 4 channel amp

cloudasc What brand/model of spark plugs & wires are you using?

When do you get the noise, all the time? Or when your "spirited" driving?
        i just recently put new spark plugs and wires.. NGK v-power and NGK wires
        the noise is when idle or running both times actually all the time the piiiiiiii is from AEM UEGO and the rpm one from just reving it up...i change ground again to bare metal but still. i have the power cord a 4gauge (on the left side) separated from rca's and speaker(through the center). but i don't get it cuz i had a 10" sub and it wasn't making any noise all i did was add the speaker wires to the amp and another rca for rear output... i deleted the sub. and when i turn of the car with radio on the audio crashes for a bit and comes back up like loosing electrical current.

Comment

[QUOTE=dj_eclipse_303;2589516]hello people.....i've been having this interference issue but not only the muffler... the wide band (aem) too!! its like a piiiiiii constant i took out the entire console reinstalled the radio, rerouted the wideband harness and still get that noise i even use individual ground's
          only have head unit, amp 4 ch no sub battery relocated to trunk.

can someone pinpoint or give me an idea what could be causing noises?
          thankyou![/QUOT

Do you have the speakers running threw an AMP? or are they just running threw the radio? the reason why i asked is if you are... you have to separate the 12volt power wire from the RCA's. If thats not the case and you are running threw the radio, you are the on the right track checking the grounds, if you have checked the grounds. another thing you can do with your ground, wire is try grounding it some other spot. what you are hearing is caused from a loop of grounds.(make sure the spot where you have the ground is clear of paint or any other debris) if you have checked the grounds and they are all ok then... you me check your alternator. you can have it checked at your local pep boys or automotive parts dealer. thats all i know to do you can check this site it will help you with all things 12volt on a car. http://www.the12volt.com

Comment

tonka9999
            Do you have the speakers running threw an AMP? or are they just running threw the radio? the reason why i asked is if you are... you have to separate the 12volt power wire from the RCA's.
            i ran the power on the right side by the passenger and the RCA's through the center by the hand brake together with the speakers cables and yes im running the speaker with the amp

**radio/RCA's to > amp to > speaker

Comment

Working...
            X