Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can I use my decks built In amp as a separate amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use my decks built In amp as a separate amp?

Ya I have a small 444w amp for my 4 speakers and a 1000w amp for my subs.

Can I use the built in head unit amp to power my front 2 speakers?

my small amp will give more power if I only use it for the 2 rear speakers. The head unit says 50x4. It's 17 watts rms x4. I was wondering if I can get 30-40 rms x2 to power my front speakers. While still using amps for the rear. The head unit has a set of red/white connections for the front and for rear ( maybe rear/subs)And a normal Sony harness.
    91 ex sedan
    And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
    Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
    sold to: Agol

I've never heard of anyone doing that. It's worth a shot though. Let us know.
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    You're such a dumbass, the world ends on saturday...

Comment

Ok well nobody knows if it'll work? I didn't know if the power from the head unit would switch off if I used any RCA jacks.
      91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

It'll still work if you have rca's hooked up but I wouldn't recommend bridging the front and rear channel's to just the front speakers. Most deck's aren't rated for bridging the internal amp.

Comment

I see. That's what I was wondering about.
          91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

I wouldn't try bridging the amp in your head unit, it may get too hot and cause damage. If anything, I'd run your front and rear speakers off the little amp. The deck doesn't put out enough power to make the speakers sound decent, especially if you have a sub

Comment

I'll just leave it then. That's how I have it. Small amp for my 4 int and bigger amp on the subs.
              91 ex sedan

Paypal verified

Comment

Working...
              X