Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new system

how yall doing tonight, I just picked um my cb7 sedan and of coures it needs new speakes, but knowing how i am i cant just replace the speakers and call it good, I gota do the speakers, wiring, amps, subs, deck Im an avid stereoholic , So i went to ordering my stereo equipment its all hypnotic audio except the deck which is Clarion, The system will consist of 1 HYPNOTIC 1200 WATT 4 CHANNEL amp, 2 sets of Hypnotic HK653 6.5's 1 Hypnotic ZEN 1250 WATT MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER, 2 ZEN HZQ10D4 4 ohm subs wired to 1 ohm in a ported box, each sub will have its own single box, and a Clarion CZ500 It will sound nice and clean when i get it installed, I build my own boxes and do my own installs. I will be setting the box up so when u lower the back seat u can see the subs and the ports, when i get it installed i will post some pictures, Im still in the measuring wood stage, gona start cutting wood tomorrow

Hypnotic??
    How are their products?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Good luck. thats a lot of power. Are you gonna be upgrading your alternator too.

Comment

lol......lot's of music for you...wow 1200watts....that's a beast!!! lol better make sure the battery has lot's of juice!!!! llol
        VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
        1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
        MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

are you guys being serious? or just being sarcastic?

That first amp is
          1 x 180 watts @ 4 ohm
          1 x 300 Watts @ 2 Ohm
          1200 Watts MAX(i dont think so)

and the second one is
          4ohm 14.4 Volts: 1 x 315 Watts
          2ohm 14.4 Volts: 1 x 625 Watts
          1ohm 14.4 Volts: 1 x 1250 Watts
          which i highly doubt. but who knows

OP sell those things and get at least a hifonics amp, they are way better and more reliable, and they are CEA approved and very cheap too! good luck man.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
          JANE 99 Infiniti i30
          2-9-11 - current
          "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Originally posted by sow3r View Post
            are you guys being serious? or just being sarcastic?

That first amp is
            1 x 180 watts @ 4 ohm
            1 x 300 Watts @ 2 Ohm
            1200 Watts MAX(i dont think so)

and the second one is
            4ohm 14.4 Volts: 1 x 315 Watts
            2ohm 14.4 Volts: 1 x 625 Watts
            1ohm 14.4 Volts: 1 x 1250 Watts
            which i highly doubt. but who knows

OP sell those things and get at least a hifonics amp, they are way better and more reliable, and they are CEA approved and very cheap too! good luck man.
            Yeah I doubt it would put out even close to that amount of watts.

Where did he say say he was getting 2 amps? I only saw one monoblock?

Comment

ima run with the hypnotic stuff for the fact that iv never had a problem with em, Iv been running it in my truck for 1.5-2 yrs no problems, Im not really going for the loudest thing in the world just enough to please me, and with anything its only gona last as long as u allow it, u overpower anything and its not gona last, and ya i know the power out put that the company says it puts out is only a number its not real world, there putting that power out on a maxed amp on at least a 15-16 volt system, knowing how companies are is the reason y i opted to get the 250max watt speakers instead of the 300 watt, i believe in the end i will be happy with the sound and quality

Comment

kind of confused? are you asking for advice, an opinion, or just tellin us what your going to get? as far as "hypnotic" goes ive nevr heard of it and ive been in the car audio scene for 5 years. im not trying to put it down but most of those generic brands overrate there stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by killerc998 View Post
                  how yall doing tonight, I just picked um my cb7 sedan and of coures it needs new speakes, but knowing how i am i cant just replace the speakers and call it good, I gota do the speakers, wiring, amps, subs, deck Im an avid stereoholic , So i went to ordering my stereo equipment its all hypnotic audio except the deck which is Clarion, The system will consist of 1 HYPNOTIC 1200 WATT 4 CHANNEL amp, 2 sets of Hypnotic HK653 6.5's 1 Hypnotic ZEN 1250 WATT MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER, 2 ZEN HZQ10D4 4 ohm subs wired to 1 ohm in a ported box, each sub will have its own single box, and a Clarion CZ500 It will sound nice and clean when i get it installed, I build my own boxes and do my own installs. I will be setting the box up so when u lower the back seat u can see the subs and the ports, when i get it installed i will post some pictures, Im still in the measuring wood stage, gona start cutting wood tomorrow
                  You will need atleast a 1 farad capacitor to eliminate your headlights flickering with that power. You might need to go with a 2 farad, cause it doesnt matter how much power the amp puts out, it is still sharing 16v with all the other electrical running through your car. Plus you have to remember that there is a voltage drop over the distance from your battery to your amps, then your amps are going to split that power. No matter how you look at it, the amps are going to use equal power, the difference is the impedance of the amp and how much it aplifies the power it receives. This is an issue i have had to fix numerous times over the years working for various audio shops through out my career of 13years

Comment

Originally posted by s.lownslow.e View Post
                    kind of confused? are you asking for advice, an opinion, or just tellin us what your going to get? as far as "hypnotic" goes ive nevr heard of it and ive been in the car audio scene for 5 years. im not trying to put it down but most of those generic brands overrate there stuff.
                    I have heard of hypnotic, but they are not and will never be a mainstream company like JL audio, MTX, Rockford Fosgate, or Orion. These companies and just a couple others are the only companies that produce true wattage. Such as a 1000w Sony explode amp is roughly only 500watts/350rms.

Comment

Originally posted by killerc998 View Post
                      ima run with the hypnotic stuff for the fact that iv never had a problem with em, Iv been running it in my truck for 1.5-2 yrs no problems, Im not really going for the loudest thing in the world just enough to please me, and with anything its only gona last as long as u allow it, u overpower anything and its not gona last, and ya i know the power out put that the company says it puts out is only a number its not real world, there putting that power out on a maxed amp on at least a 15-16 volt system, knowing how companies are is the reason y i opted to get the 250max watt speakers instead of the 300 watt, i believe in the end i will be happy with the sound and quality
                      remember, not enough power will do more damage than to much power. If the power is to low, then it will cause the speaker to overheat due to too much resistance on the voice coil.

Comment

kind of confused? are you asking for advice, an opinion, or just tellin us what your going to get? as far as "hypnotic" goes ive nevr heard of it and ive been in the car audio scene for 5 years. im not trying to put it down but most of those generic brands overrate there stuff. most people have a misconception about "watts". example i used to have a 2000 watt monoblock hifonics amp pushin two 12inch L5's and ya it sounded coo but now i have four 10inch kicker cvrs with a 750watt kicker monoblock amp and i am way happier with this setup. sorry for getn a lil off topic but i hope u c wur im trying to get at

Comment

ya, i know pretty much what ur saying, iv been messing with audio for about 10 yrs now, i know hypnotic aint a main stream, but there products are pretty good, and im not expecting they powe to be what they say, the compasitor i have already, just didnt mention it. Only reason i started this thread was to post what im putting in to the car,

Comment

Originally posted by Rome702 View Post
                            You will need atleast a 1 farad capacitor to eliminate your headlights flickering with that power. You might need to go with a 2 farad, cause it doesnt matter how much power the amp puts out, it is still sharing 16v with all the other electrical running through your car. Plus you have to remember that there is a voltage drop over the distance from your battery to your amps, then your amps are going to split that power. No matter how you look at it, the amps are going to use equal power, the difference is the impedance of the amp and how much it aplifies the power it receives. This is an issue i have had to fix numerous times over the years working for various audio shops through out my career of 13years
                            He won't need a cap.
                            Cars don't use 16v systems.
                            The voltage drop from battery to amp is negligible.
                            The amps aren't going to use equal power. They'll individually pull what's needed.
                            Amps don't have an input impedance for power. It doesn't exist with DC.
                            How did you fix this "issue"?

Originally posted by Rome702 View Post
                            remember, not enough power will do more damage than to much power. If the power is to low, then it will cause the speaker to overheat due to too much resistance on the voice coil.
                            You contradicted yourself. Less power makes more heat?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

wanted to post in a somewhat related topic..

got a new head unit on sale for 20 bucks! its nothing special but an upgrade at that, personally..

sorry about the picture size.. forgot to resize it

Comment

Working...
                              X