Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

steering wheel screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel screen

steering wheel screen

i want to put a tv screen in my steering wheel so i can play a little Playstation with out leaning over to see the screen in the dash

i was just wondering if it could be done
    -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

dangerous as hell and most likely illegal in most states not sure through
    to achieve this you would have to have a non srs steering wheel for sure but im sure theres no diy's for this mod,

lovin every minute of it

Comment

something like this you mean? i can ask my uncle because he's done it on most of his cars. i assume you're going to have to make a custom wheel to house the monitor and do a lot of wiring to whatever head unit you have.

Comment

Everything is possible, as long as you got the money for it. Pretty sure you'll have to find a way to mount the TV, find someone capable of doing the wiring, and so on.

Then you won't have a horn anymore. No airbags. Nada.

Were you watchin' The Fast and The Furious and got this idea ? I remember the Asian guy in the Integra with that, playing Gran Turismo. Haha.

Comment

I can talk to my brother, he did it in his ex's Civic show car, didn't have to do a lot of modifying. Just took out her airbag and made a piece that fit in the spot where the air bag was. It was made so she could retain the air bag, once the show was over and it was time to drive the car home, she'd put her airbag back in.

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon
            The Fast and The Furious will change your life
            It will also get you made fun of in the serious tuner circles. Those movies did more damage to the REAL import scene than anything else.

Comment

I've seen it done by people fiber glassing there steering wheels. Its work intensive, but you could be the first on this site.

Comment

I too have seen it where they take out the airbag and make a template that fits right in there. That would be the easy part. The hard part would be running the signal to it so that you can still fully turn the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                  I've seen it done by people fiber glassing there steering wheels. Its work intensive, but you could be the first on this site.
                  Sure its intensive, but wouldnt be the first on this site. I know Ive seen someone around here before...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
                    steering wheel screen

i want to put a tv screen in my steering wheel so i can play a little Playstation with out leaning over to see the screen in the dash

i was just wondering if it could be done
                    It can be done, but will take a little bit of discovery on your part.

1) you need to disable the srs air bag by locating the srs module/brain and
                    unplug it. *** Make sure your battery is disconnected before unplugging or
                    removing

2) Remove Steering Wheel

3) Remove the airbag cover from the steering wheel

4) Remove airbag from the inside of the steering wheel

5) Now you will need to build a frame to hold the screen (you will mount this
                    in the steering wheel where the airbag was before replacing the airbag
                    cover)

6) use the screen to make a template to mark out you cut on the airbag
                    cover (cut just a hair smaller than the frame of the screen, to make sure
                    opening is not to big and gives a flush look without upholstery or
                    fiberglass) *** for the cleanest look, dont cut out the square, just cut an
                    "X" from corner to corner and fold back behind. This way you can hide the
                    cut in the cover and dont have to worry about the cut being straight.

7) Now you need to find the route you want to use to tuck your power wires
                    as well as you a/v cable

8) Now you will connect the wires to the back of the screen and install it into
                    the frame you built making sure the screen is secure

9) if the placement of the frame/screen is the same as the cut out in the
                    airbag cover, you can put it all back together

Now you should have you tv mounted in your oem steering wheel, while keeping the oem look

Comment

^^^Great start, only instead of trying to route power, ground, and av...

Take a look at the clockspring. I threw my airbag in the trash, otherwise I'd look at mine... Anyway, if there are at least three wires you can use your clock spring to handle power and av. You would ground the screen to the steering wheel, just like the horn buttons are. Then use one of the wires in the clockspring to deliver 12v, and use the other two for your video. It can be done this way as long as you have enough wires in the clockspring harness to do it.

Hope this gives you some help!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X