Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

XM Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XM Radio

does anybody know of a list of head units with compatible XM Radio hook ups and were you mounted the XM radio
    the head unit needs to be for a 6 speaker set up
    i looking for a jvc, sony or a kennwood

but if you know of any others with a 6 speaker set up let me know
    -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

I don't know of any head unit that's 6 channel compatible. And as for which head units are compatible for XM radio, you can hook it up to your OEM radio thru an FM modulator.

Comment

u can power 6 speakers with a 4 ch deck but ur going to hook up 4 of the 6 into pairs. and make sure the ohm load is 4 ohms. as far as sat radio goes i have nevr seen a deck with built in. you would have 2 purchase a separate unit that hooks up to your deck. one question tho when u said 6 speakers did u mean 2 tweeters and a 2 mids and 2 rear speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
        does anybody know of a list of head units with compatible XM Radio hook ups and were you mounted the XM radio
        the head unit needs to be for a 6 speaker set up
        i looking for a jvc, sony or a kennwood

but if you know of any others with a 6 speaker set up let me know
        Your front dome tweeters should be crossed over with the front 2 doors (Factory setup), plus the aftermarket harness made specifically for a your car will plug right in to the factory harness and have all the same color wires on the other side of the harness for the stereo. Now for the XM satelite, you will have to get the Xm control module that is made specifically for the head unit you decide to buy. So just find a stereo you want, the Xm satelite Module for that head unit and the wiring harness that is specifically for your car

Comment

Originally posted by s.lownslow.e View Post
          u can power 6 speakers with a 4 ch deck but ur going to hook up 4 of the 6 into pairs. and make sure the ohm load is 4 ohms. as far as sat radio goes i have nevr seen a deck with built in. you would have 2 purchase a separate unit that hooks up to your deck. one question tho when u said 6 speakers did u mean 2 tweeters and a 2 mids and 2 rear speakers?
          many higher-end companies make radios with built in xm radio. you still have to pay the monthly fees obviously, but it is a much cleaner look
          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
          VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
          The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
            many higher-end companies make radios with built in xm radio. you still have to pay the monthly fees obviously, but it is a much cleaner look
            Sort of correct there has only been one head unit (alpine CDs-9821xm) hat had the tuner built in and that was discontinued years ago but you can get most any brand cd player and a direct plug in hideaway xm tuner for it.

Comment

Originally posted by platinumb View Post
              Sort of correct there has only been one head unit (alpine CDs-9821xm) hat had the tuner built in and that was discontinued years ago but you can get most any brand cd player and a direct plug in hideaway xm tuner for it.
              thats what i was thinking of, sorry. ya it does require the xm "brain" i guess it would be, but displays on the head unit itself
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
              X