Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad reception

Hi all, I have an issue with my reception.

I have an OEM stereo, and terrible reception. I recently replaced my antenna with a new one, to see if that would help it out, but it seems that it may actually be the main wire that plugs into the stereo... because when i was fiddling with that wire (i already had bad reception before i did this), i was able to catch the airwaves, but when i let go of the wire i lost it. If the main antenna wire is the issue, does anyone know how difficult it is (and cost) to replace the main antenna wire that runs from the antenna to the back of the stereo? do i have to remove carpet? and where could i get the wire to replace this? guy at kragen told me to check out radioshack, so i'll probably do that one of these days.

I hardly listen to radio, since this years music IMO sucks pretty bad, but to have the FM radio function would be nice... :[ I hate white noise. I loved it when i first got the stereo after a year and a half of not having one (my clarion got jacked a while back) but now its just annoying lol!
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Same problem here, I get like 3 stations and i'm right between milwaukee and chicago. Any fixes for this? Amplified antenna maybe?

short

Comment

I'm pretty sure the wire runs with the harness to fuse panel on the left side of the car. Replacing it that way ould be a bitch, personally if it did need replacing just run it under the carpet and under the console to the radio.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
      "The Turtle"
      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Tie some string to the old one behind the radio, use plenty, pull it out from the antenna mast.
        Then tie the string to the new one and pull the string from behind the radio.
        Go slow might get caught a couple times but worked for me before.

Comment

hahaha that fishing trick sounds so ghetto... yet so awesome!

maaaybe, lol it still sounds kinda difficult. :]
          blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Yeah it can be a little difficult lots of stuff to get hung up on, but it's the same way I always do satellite radio antenna's.

Comment

I recommend upgrading to a High Def head unit. I did the same and pick up all types of stations.

Comment

honestly unless u have alot of time or the experience to do it i recommend u replace the head unit. u can pick up a coo deck for about 80 bucks. amplified antennas are coo but in some occasions will give you new problems.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                  Hi all, I have an issue with my reception.

I have an OEM stereo, and terrible reception. I recently replaced my antenna with a new one, to see if that would help it out, but it seems that it may actually be the main wire that plugs into the stereo... because when i was fiddling with that wire (i already had bad reception before i did this), i was able to catch the airwaves, but when i let go of the wire i lost it. If the main antenna wire is the issue, does anyone know how difficult it is (and cost) to replace the main antenna wire that runs from the antenna to the back of the stereo? do i have to remove carpet? and where could i get the wire to replace this? guy at kragen told me to check out radioshack, so i'll probably do that one of these days.

I hardly listen to radio, since this years music IMO sucks pretty bad, but to have the FM radio function would be nice... :[ I hate white noise. I loved it when i first got the stereo after a year and a half of not having one (my clarion got jacked a while back) but now its just annoying lol!
                  never fish an antenna line, if it catches anything and thins out the casing, you will get ground noise (Including XM). The antenna runs along side the center console under the carpet on the driver side and has clips holding it in place all the way back. there is a couple ways to do this.

1) remove front and back seats as well as the carpet, and replace the
                  antenna wire. (This is the hardest way.

2) you can run it like they do most XM satellite antennas and run it through
                  the door sill and kick panel.

3) you can remove the center console, cut the bad spot out of the antenna
                  and solder a new piece of antenna wire to it to replace the piece you cut
                  out. *** I wouldnt do it this way unless you know how to solder correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X