Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Woofer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woofer problems

Ok so I have 2 12" JBL and RF type x5 amp right now I only have 1 sub connected because with both it cuts in and out. It does it with just that one as well but not as much. I can play my music at a certain volume and it'll do it less but when I turn it up, it'll go in and out. I'm thinking I may need a capacitor but I'm curious to make sure before I spend money. What do you guys think?
    Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
    Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
    Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
    Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Are your connections good?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

yeah.. i called myself running them down and checking everyone.
      Member's Ride Thread

Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
      Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185

Comment

How long has it been happening?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

since i got the setup. It was minty. got it from my dad when he took it out of his m3. If i'm on the gas, its like it get more juice and it'll start back hitting. So that's why I was hinting at a capacitor.
          Member's Ride Thread

Comment

hmmmm. do you have a multimeter?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

yes and no. what do you have in mind?
              Member's Ride Thread

Comment

wait what does the amp do when the car is off?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

?? it works fine.
                  Member's Ride Thread

Comment

It sounds to me like the amp is simply not powerful enough. But I guess the problem might be deeper than that because I assume it worked fine in the M3?????

Comment

It sounds like your amp is clipping, which happens when you try to drive the amp harder than it's capable of being driven. How do you have the voice coils wired? Perhaps your amp can't handle the ohm load you're trying to run it at??

Comment

IDK whats going on. Could it be possible that moisture maybe causing this?

**edit**

AMP details

Amplifier Type: Mono Channel
                        Bridgable: Not Bridgable
                        RMS Power at 4 Ohms: 275 W x 1
                        RMS Power at 2 Ohms: 550 W x 1
                        3 Way Ready : No
                        Performance
                        Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 220 Hz
                        Signal to Noise Ratio: 90 dB
                        Crossover / Equalizer
                        Bass Boost: With Bass Boost
                        Bass Boost Frequency: 45 Hz
                        Low - Pass Frequency: 40 Hz - 250 Hz

Sub Spec:

Car Speaker Type: Component
                        Elements: 1-Way
                        Car Speaker Function: Subwoofer
                        Size: 12"
                        Nominal Power Handling: 300 Watt RMS
                        Powered: Non-Powered
                        Technical Features
                        Peak Power Handling: 1200 Watt
                        Frequency Response: 23 Hz - 400 Hz
                        Sensitivity: 93 dB
                        Impedance: 4 ohm (Dual Coil)
                        Last edited by Shay91Racer; 07-09-2010, 02:40 PM.
                        Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I would bet your problem is, you're trying to run your amp at a 1 ohm load, which could end up frying your amp. You can wire dual 4 ohm voice coil woofers in either 8 or 1 ohm. Try wiring it at an 8 ohm load and see what happens. Granted, it'll drop your power rating on your amp, but it should run with no issues.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                            I would bet your problem is, you're trying to run your amp at a 1 ohm load, which could end up frying your amp. You can wire dual 4 ohm voice coil woofers in either 8 or 1 ohm. Try wiring it at an 8 ohm load and see what happens. Granted, it'll drop your power rating on your amp, but it should run with no issues.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp
                            My next suggestion^^^

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

only problem is i just looked at them... they're bridged. positive and negative.

unless you meant this... but it's for SVC

Last edited by Shay91Racer; 07-09-2010, 08:02 PM.
                              Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X