Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speaker upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker upgrade

So yea I dont know crap about what car audio brands are good these days. I need new speakers for the wagon, I currently have 10 year old sony xplods and they suck at this point, real tinny.

So what good speakers can I get for a decent price?
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

pioneer
    COUPE K24

Comment

idk about preices but infinity are good bose i have 2 boss speakers in the front (i have a dx and theres no back speakers and there not even hooked up the head unit to give the wirs power) but i paid 35 and there good

Comment

i did a whole overhaul on my car and the sound system
        i bought everything from crutchfield minus the subs...
        http://www.crutchfield.com/
        i would suggest using them because of a few reasons
        1. awesome support. you can call in 24/7 7 days a week to ask for help with anything.
        2. if you order enough merchandise, shipping is usually free.
        3. any additional pieces that you might need come with the speakers, FOR FREE!
        ex. if you buy speakers you get an adapter that will plug into the stock harness and will connect to the speaker
        They have an option to "outfit my car" which lets you choose your car and as you browse through the speakers it will say "will fit" with a check mark and so you know your getting shit that will fit
        Originally posted by Quashish
        Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
        Quashish dictionary
        Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
        To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

Man go with Memphis PR'S or M-Class, or if you want something better go with Beyma speackers, those are the best

Comment

I agree going with crutchfield you can never go wrong.

If you want good quality and a good price. I would personally go with Polk DB's, they will sound good with just a deck and even better with an amp.

Comment

infinity, polk, kicker

Comment

go for infinity kappa series....also go for jbl gto series. go for jl audio....I just bought energy speaker 6.5 in back and 5 1/2 in front.....they sound so good and i only bought them for 100
                VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I put Pioneer speakers in when I replaced my stock speakers and I've been very happy with them. They're pretty good for the price and sound great with the stock deck.

Comment

Go infinity____and beyond

Comment

I found some JBL gto comps on ebay a while ago for $30. Really can't go wrong with anything if you just want better sound. Anything is better than Xplodes.
                      Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

i had two 13ooW xplods and they never did me wrong...

Comment

what power is your head unit pushing? Do you use amps?

If you are not running an amp then why buy speakers that actually REQUIRE an amp to see their full potential? You will be spending a lot for something you will never use. Most radios have rms of 19-22watts and max wattage of 45-75 watts per channel.

So getting a speaker that can handle 200+ max watts and 50+ rms is over doing it and will not sound better. And, as I understand it, just quoting what I have heard, greatly under powering a speaker like that can lead to the speakers failing prematurely just like overpowering a speaker.

To have the best sound and to preserve your speakers, you need to get speakers that fit the power you will be feeding them...not the power you wish you were feeding them.
                          Last edited by bcjammerx; 07-08-2010, 03:38 AM.
                          ____

Comment

Underpowering a speaker won't kill it. Car audio is more than just looking at power handling, unfortunately...that would make life so much simpler. I would look at sensitivity/efficiency. You want high efficiency to make the most sound per watt.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                            X