Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Random Thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Thought

Alright; I have no idea how many people will understand what I'm about to say but hey, its a free world... kinda.

Sooo... I had this crazy dream that involved some 10" subs, a fiberglass tube, some wiring and an idea. Basically, I had the idea of creating a tube that kinda look likes X but its a tube and continuous and on each end of the tube there was a 10" sub (two total) and this contraption was hung from the roof of the trunk. buT the face of the subs faced the fenders so they dont cancel (idk if thats true or not either; not an expert)

Does anyone know if anyone has done a custom box that is a tube shape and put two 10" subs on each end?

Alright; just looked around, the tube would be bent slightly. from what ive seen from other cuxtom boxes, subs never face eachother in anyway

Comment

it would be a bitch to pop open the trunk, and you may need stronger springs(?) to hold the trunk open but i think is plausible and not a bad idea.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
      JANE 99 Infiniti i30
      2-9-11 - current
      "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Originally posted by sow3r View Post
        it would be a bitch to pop open the trunk, and you may need stronger springs(?) to hold the trunk open but i think is plausible and not a bad idea.
        Not the trunk lid, set back onto the actual car.

I drew a sketch; 5 points mounting so it doesnt shake/break off. I'll try and put the sketch up and make it in photoshop tomorrow sometime

Comment

I'm not sure what the goal/benefits of having it hang from the trunk would be, but the box design should be feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
            I'm not sure what the goal/benefits of having it hang from the trunk would be, but the box design should be feasible.
            Just to be different

Comment

I wouldn't do it just because it's going to be time consuming and materials are going to kill you. Fiberglass isn't cheap and I hope you're not thinking about bending wood "slightly".
              Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

Working...
              X