Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Questions, building a new box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions, building a new box

hey guys so im building a new box for my 2 10 inch jbl's. Now i cant decide to either build one box with two ports or make two seperate box's with one port each.. Any thoughts on this? thanks

I would build one box with a board as a divider down the middle and then do two slotted ports off of each side of the divider.

Comment

well the box i made for my 12 mtx is sealed ive never really liked ported or bandpass so ive stuck with sealed enclosures never been a problem either but if you want ported id say go with ruger
      edit:if you want to save room and money possibly you can do a free air sub enclosure but you have to make sure its capable of free air
      Last edited by jjhdz89; 05-28-2010, 11:16 AM.
      I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Comment

Two subs one port

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yep. I'd do 1 chamber with a single slot port.

Comment

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
            I would build one box with a board as a divider down the middle and then do two slotted ports off of each side of the divider.
            If you want to optimize the bass of each sub you need to make each one enclosed by it self but in one whole box. Make lik an L shape around the inside of the box that makes the airflow travel around the outside of the L and through the port. Your shit will hit harder than a motha F*cka

Comment

man go to home depot and buy a 3/4 MDF, get all you measures of space available
              W x H x D, then after you got all those numbers, do a bottom cross port.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                hey guys so im building a new box for my 2 10 inch jbl's. Now i cant decide to either build one box with two ports or make two seperate box's with one port each.. Any thoughts on this? thanks
                build yourself one box with a port on eitther side...i would attach the amp to the back of the box as well

Comment

Im not a car audio guru, but a good sub box depends on alot of different variables. For instance, what the manufacture recommends for box displacement, how much power you have for them vs what they can take, what your looking for-spl (loud) or sq (liner response) or a combination of both, Ported or sealed- and if ported, how do you want it tuned..? Once you determine how you want them to preform you can narrow down many of the options and know what route to go. Hope this help man.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

Comment

How low you wanna hit, sq ft's, material 3/4 mdf.
                    But i say two subs one port, just do a bottom slot port

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7owner View Post
                      build yourself one box with a port on eitther side...i would attach the amp to the back of the box as well
                      Never attach amp to box. If for some reason you need to pull the box to get to the spare or something you will be unhooking the amp just to do it. Personally I always attach amp to back seat. Also attaching box to amp can ruin the integrity of the box. If you were to try to sell the box and it has either a few small holes in it or screws sticking out of it where the amp was someone else might not want it. jmo

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                      WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

Originally posted by gardianofp90 View Post
                        If you want to optimize the bass of each sub you need to make each one enclosed by it self but in one whole box. Make lik an L shape around the inside of the box that makes the airflow travel around the outside of the L and through the port. Your shit will hit harder than a motha F*cka
                        I would agree with this type of box...

This type of box is also known as a SUBZERO Enclosure and it's what I would recommend...this will take them to the next level...believe me I've used them

.................................................. .................................................. ...
                        God First, Family Second, and CB's for fun Third...

Comment

Working...
                        X