Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

System stolen so I've got a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System stolen so I've got a question

So I got an autopage 2 way alarm installed in my CB at a shop about a month ago for like 300$ bucks.. Here's the whole story. It started off with the parking lights not flashing when the alarm was armed/disarmed and the hood and trunk triggers were not making the alarm go off so I go back and ask what's up and they tell me they'll fix it and the other triggers are 30 bucks extra to install. So I say fuck it and pay the extra 30 bucks for it and I leave happy until later on that same day I'm showing my buddy and the hood/trunk being opened don't make the alarm even chirp. Back to the shop now.. They fix it again and I leave because it seemed to be working fine. Then I say to myself that now that it's working correctly I'll go ahead and go big so I start it off with a rockford fosgate T110D2... awesome sub.. but I only get to enjoy it for like a month until last thursday night when I come out to my passenger door and trunk open.... They got my sub, amp, cap, and deck!!! FUCK!! 2 way alarm didn't even chirp and the alarm didn't go off at all. My main question now is can I have the shop replace my stolen items plus the cost of a broken window where they got in through because of crappy installation by the shop? I work too hard and paid way too much just so my alarm wouldn't even work. I wanted to go straight to them but wanted to ask everywhere I could before I did anything stupid. Oh and police report was done so is that any help? If anybody can help lmk because I'm going through some tough times and that's just a big blow And thanks for any help

police report is good. now go to the shop and express your feelings to one of the mechanics then ask for the manager and threaten to take him to court
    92 Accord EX - SOLD

PSN: REDxMAN-_-

MR===>http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146478

Comment

Is it a well known trusted shop? Or kind shady? This is the reason I didn't have a shop install my alarm.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
        Is it a well known trusted shop? Or kind shady? This is the reason I didn't have a shop install my alarm.
        Kind of does sound like an inside job.
        Originally posted by chessboxer
        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
        Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

wow this is sad. I have a Auto Page Alarm system and can't live without it. got it installed for $300 and that included all triggers ( did this 2 3 of my CB's ) Don't understand why the charged you for the trigges when the cme included ?

since I have got the alarm no one in my hood will try something ( expt some crakheads )
          my door locks sometimes don't lock up all the way, so I had a few moments when someone would try and open the door and bam im out side cause I got the page!

Next one im getting is the Viper Smart Alram. it's $500 installed and $30 a year for the service. Then I download the App for my Iphone and can start and arm my CB with the touch of my screen!

Links to my rides :
          1992 Accord EX*
          1990 Accord EX
          1991 Accord SE (4th)
          1991 Accord SE (3rd)
          1991 Accord SE (2ND)
          1991 Accord SE

Comment

That shop has been there for 30 years so I expected quality service and no problems with it since I left it for about 5 hours there for them to install while it was at work but they didn't even take the time to hide the wire that went to the horn so to me it looked a lil crappy since all the wiring I do myself is taped and then loomed to look stock. When I went to the shop that same day the guy was kind of hesitant to say anything since I asked if my stuff was going to be replaced or who I could call so should I just contact the owner?

Comment

sounds like columbus car audio in my area. they install something then get your address and take it outta your car. i used to work right behind it and heard them talking about it numberious times. This is exactly why i do everything myself or dont give out information.

Comment

Chances are you signed a waiver stating that they are not responsible for broken/stolen items from your car, or if the alarm fails for any reason.

Comment

dam it sucks to hear about you situation bru. good luck.
                  viper 5901 is a good alarm.

Comment

Do you have a receipt?
                    read the liability you signed if you do...
                    If it says that you understand that it is not their fault for any messed up shit that happens to your car, then its not the shops fault..

If for any reason you do not have a receipt its going to be hard to prove a case to anyone..

Go back to the shop and tell them that the alarm was bull and all that good stuff and demand that they pay for it and for the damage done.
                    If they dont the report them to the BBB for fraud and other things.

This company was out to get you from the beginning..trust me..
                    I see this a lot, especially in my neighborhood..
                    My girls cousin paid 370 for a 2 way alarm, and got it installed, but he saw that they didnt hook up the trunk sensor..the next day they were scoping his pad trying to get his subs in the back..a 1800 dollar system..

He ofcourse beat the shit out of them and got some of his money back..lol

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                    Originally posted by bmxicansd
                    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Ok guys, so I checked out the 3 seperate receipts I have for the purchases I've made there (sub, alarm, and trigger relays) and in the limited warranty section of the receipts there is no statement about them not being liable for any theft, damages, or anything of the sort in there, just the usual return policy and blah blah blah but also it says that they warranty any work done for as long as I own the vehicle. Everything else was just re stocking fees, 30 day returns, return brand new, and yeah... Crazy shit is that for returns they ask for it to be brand new in the box with all hardware included.... fuckers didn't even give me the box to my alarm or sub!!

My dad does want me to go back and tell them off to get get them to pay my stolen items back but I'd rather take a calm approach and if not.. Get ready for the shit talking If nothing from them then I suppose the BBB would be a good choice as you suggested. Would it be better to take them to court, call the BBB, ask for my shit back... or all 3

Either way thanks a lot for the help guys!!! Fucking lames these days eh?

Comment

Couldn't the alarm guys argue this. I'm sure others have tried to go in there and claim the alarm didn't go off to get them to pay for their stolen shit. So you would have to prove that it didn't go off, which should be easy if its not working. Then they would just have to prove that you didn't mess with the unit and then its their fault.

I would calmly go to the owner and explain your situation, but they probably won't pay you (but I think they should pay you).

best of luck

Comment

Idk man, this is a very hard call. You would have to prove
                          that your alarm was indeed a defect. But then they would say,
                          "will his car wasn't on our property so we can not be liable.
                          Anyone could have messed with his alarm once he left our
                          facility."

So it's hard to say who's at fault. The shop is partially at
                          fault because they alarm has been giving you problems from
                          day one. On the other hand, it's partially your fault, because
                          you should have left the car there until they got it to function
                          100%. And what's even worst, you knew you had problems with
                          the alarm you go ahead, and added things that would draw
                          more attention to your car.

In all honesty, I don't think it's worth the battle to take them
                          to court. It's just a headache, if you have a job, you would have
                          to take off. Pay court fees if you lose, which is a good chance.
                          And still be assed out. Just move on. Either invest in all new
                          stuff, and know the risk involved. Or don't put anything into your
                          car at all..

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
                            +1

I try and do any install myself no matter the difficulty, just for the fact of me knowing WHAT has been done. But that's just me.. and I'm kind of anal like that!

Comment

Originally posted by RyderzUnlimited View Post
                              Idk man, this is a very hard call. You would have to prove
                              that your alarm was indeed a defect. But then they would say,
                              "will his car wasn't on our property so we can not be liable.
                              Anyone could have messed with his alarm once he left our
                              facility."

So it's hard to say who's at fault. The shop is partially at
                              fault because they alarm has been giving you problems from
                              day one. On the other hand, it's partially your fault, because
                              you should have left the car there until they got it to function
                              100%. And what's even worst, you knew you had problems with
                              the alarm you go ahead, and added things that would draw
                              more attention to your car.

In all honesty, I don't think it's worth the battle to take them
                              to court. It's just a headache, if you have a job, you would have
                              to take off. Pay court fees if you lose, which is a good chance.
                              And still be assed out. Just move on. Either invest in all new
                              stuff, and know the risk involved. Or don't put anything into your
                              car at all..
                              I know what you mean but the deal is that I left my car there at the shop unsupervised while I was atwork so they had all afternoon plus 2 other occasions (When the trigger relays got put on and that same day when I went back because they weren't working properly) and I gave them all the time they needed because I told them I wanted it done right so yeah they got it working and it was alarming every time I checked which was for like the next two weeks after the repairs. The added items were put on after they told me it was 100% functioning.

The day after the theft they checked it out and the guy told me that the alarm didn't seem to have been tampered with and told me it was in it's same spot as he had left it previously so I guess that's my word vs his but atleast I KNOW that he said it hadn't been tampered with. And no the alarm still isn't functioning properly AGAIN so my back up system (old set up) is still sitting there waiting.

The different points of view on how this should be tackled is helping me out though so thanks... and to making them suck my dikc..... ummm.. I'll pass on that

Comment

Working...
                              X