Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock EX Wagon Speaker Sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock EX Wagon Speaker Sizes?

I knew this a while ago but I've been doing more research since I'm going to put new speakers in my CB9 soon. What I've heard is that the fronts on the EX wagon are 5.5" but you can take out the pod and put 6.5". And the two rear's are 6.5" with one 6x9" on the left side. Crutchfield says the EX rear's are 3.5", what's going on?!?!
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Well this has kinda been covered before.. but i'll help you out. Im not sure but i believe we have the same speakers despite where you are. Ex is Ex

The front speakers are 6.5".

The Roof ones are 4". They probably said that because they want to be on the safe side and not get some speakers with a huge magnet i guess

Rear is 6x9". I havent put anything back in mine so I'm not 100&#37; that it will snap on if you have a harness.

Edit: You might need to do some modification on the pod to get the 6.5" to fit in there right. Or just get some spacers
    CDOG
    He's baaaacckk

Comment

Rear's are FOUR!?!?!?!?
      NOOOOOOOOOOOO.
      That's not fair. :'(
      Are you 100&#37; sure? Man I was really looking forward to 6.5"'s in the rear.

Not gonna change my 6x9 either.
      Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

you can get some banging 4in speakers bro, keep hope alive!
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

look, you can do whatever you want lol. Im just saying whats there. I really doubt that you could fit those anyways
          CDOG
          He's baaaacckk

Comment

Darn yeah lucky I found these: http://www.crutchfield.ca/Alpine_SPS.../500SPS400.htm
            45w RMS for 100 bucks, maybe I should get one 6x9 now?
            But they come in dual packs, MAN WHOEVER DESIGNED THE AUDIO OF THE WAGON SHOULD BE SLAPPED...
            Current:

Past:

Comment

i always found having 1 6x9 in the trunk area odd. i mean when your driving, to me you cant really hear it all that much.

but when the hatch is up, im sure u can hear it justt fine.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                Darn yeah lucky I found these: http://www.crutchfield.ca/Alpine_SPS.../500SPS400.htm
                But they come in dual packs, MAN WHOEVER DESIGNED THE AUDIO OF THE WAGON SHOULD BE SLAPPED...
                Haha. Its kinda weird i know but hey, all you have to do is install a 6x9 in the opposite side and call it a day. that will be a hell of a good sound in that mug.

http://www.accordwagonclub.com/forum...php?f=5&t=7521
                check that out. I have yet to do this. I will this summer though. We need a DIY on it
                CDOG
                He's baaaacckk

Comment

Yeah thanks for the link there, yeah I realized that I can't even really hear the rear speakers when I'm driving at all. That thread looks sick, if someone made a DIY I would jizz everywhere...

What about the mounting depth of the 6x9? Would a Alpine SPS-609 fit?
                  http://www.crutchfield.ca/Alpine_SPS.../500sps609.htm
                  Current:

Past:

Comment

lmao. This guy ^^^^

I dont think it matters on that. There is alot of space. I think it can fit any speaker. You dont have a special store that is in Canada and will give you free shipping?
                    CDOG
                    He's baaaacckk

Comment

Actually scratch that. I see your on crutchfield... Those prices can be jacked up. How bad do you need the speakers? Cause right now, im riding on road noise. I would look around a bit more for a better deal though
                      CDOG
                      He's baaaacckk

Comment

I'll buy it from Best Buy because they'll match anyones price, but I believe Crutchfield has free shipping if you spend over $129 bucks. For a sub I'm looking at a 12" Type-R at 2 ohm's, I listen to a lot of techno with hard low tone bass that is quick (Harder rap bass quickly) and I was wondering if the 12" would be fast enough versus a 10" Type-R.

What do you guys think of the Bassworx 12" HPR12 ported box? Best Buy is the only place that sells em around here. :S

Here is a sample of what I'd be listening too:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7UGfk1B1sE
                        Go to 1:00 minute.
                        Last edited by CB7Nub; 04-18-2010, 10:00 PM.
                        Current:

Past:

Comment

Originally posted by CB7@_@TrAnCe View Post
                          Actually scratch that. I see your on crutchfield... Those prices can be jacked up. How bad do you need the speakers? Cause right now, im riding on road noise. I would look around a bit more for a better deal though
                          I don't NEED them, stocks still work fine. But yes it's my last year of high school and I just started driving. I want to make some vibrations in the school parking lot if ya catch my drift.

In Canada when buying anything it's usually always more expensive then the USA, plus we got 13&#37; tax in my state. (COME ON) I won't be buying anything online, even with shipping it may be cheaper if I get stuff from the USA but if I get from Best Buy here I'll get a major discount if I get all there at once.

What about my questions in my previous post?
                          Current:

Past:

Comment

the 6x9 is a poor design anyway since your gonna run subs dont waste money replacing a pointless speaker.

Comment

I'll buy it from Best Buy because they'll match anyones price, but I believe Crutchfield has free shipping if you spend over $129 bucks. For a sub I'm looking at a 12" Type-R at 2 ohm's, I listen to a lot of techno with hard low tone bass that is quick (Harder rap bass quickly) and I was wondering if the 12" would be fast enough versus a 10" Type-R.

What do you guys think of the Bassworx 12" HPR12 ported box? Best Buy is the only place that sells em around here. :S

Here is a sample of what I'd be listening too:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7UGfk1B1sE
                              Go to 1:00 minute.
                              Originally posted by platinumb View Post
                              the 6x9 is a poor design anyway since your gonna run subs dont waste money replacing a pointless speaker.
                              Yea platinumb is right. You dont really need them at all if your going to have subs. I'm not very knowledgeable about subs but i dont think the size matters of how it will perform. your amp and other stuff will contribute to that
                              CDOG
                              He's baaaacckk

Comment

Working...
                              X