Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

junk yard subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

junk yard subs

well I went to my local junk car today and they 2 Sony exploit in a box the look nice they r asking 40$ but they r sold as is . Is there anyway to test them out before i spend 40 buck on the ... im a noob

Honestly, that's a good deal even if they're blown. You could resell the box alone for $50 on Craigslist.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Ramx View Post
      well I went to my local junk car today and they 2 Sony exploit in a box the look nice they r asking 40$ but they r sold as is . Is there anyway to test them out before i spend 40 buck on the ... im a noob
      you can take a 9 volt battery and plug it to the outlets red (+) and black (-) if they are good, you should see them jump (pop) everytime it makes a connection... but how it actually sounds there is no way to tell. sorry but like Josh said you can resell the box for $50 on Craigslist

Comment

If you already have an amp wired up then ask them if you can hook them up to make sure they work.

Comment

all rite i ma do all the above and let u guys know

Comment

Originally posted by 415Riderz View Post
            you can take a 9 volt battery and plug it to the outlets red (+) and black (-) if they are good, you should see them jump (pop) everytime it makes a connection... but how it actually sounds there is no way to tell. sorry but like Josh said you can resell the box for $50 on Craigslist
            exactly the way u test speakers.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              exactly the way u test speakers.
              The best way to test speakers is to get yourself an ohmeter and check them for correct resistance, but the 9 volt will work in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                The best way to test speakers is to get yourself an ohmeter and check them for correct resistance, but the 9 volt will work in a pinch.
                ok i have a ohmeter it should beep if is good rite ?

Comment

No, a beep would mean that they are shorted.

I believe that most subs are 2 ohm...
                  Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                  Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

ok i have a ohmeter it should beep if is good rite ?
                    It should read fairly close to whatever the ohm rating for those subs is. If they're 4 ohm subs, I'd expect Sony to test out about between 3.6 and 4.3 (preferably on the lower side of 4 ohms). They're not the best subs ever, but if they're around their ohm rating, they'll work for the price!

If you're using a setting that only beeps or doesn't, you're testing continuity, and that's not what you want to check.

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                    No, a beep would mean that they are shorted.

I believe that most subs are 2 ohm...
                    Most are 4 ohm.

Comment

ok to measure the subs do i have to connect them directly or on the ports that or on the box should be good ?

Comment

ok to measure the subs do i have to connect them directly or on the ports that or on the box should be good ?
                        connecting to the box is fine as long as there is a seperate wire for each sub also gently push on the woofer make sure when it moves you cant feel or hear any binding. or scratching noise.

Comment

Working...
                        X