Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Weird issue with my radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird issue with my radio

I am not sure what is going on with my car. But whenever I set up the after market radio, it does not play. as if its not getting any power or its not getting constant power. the radio just keeps shutting off. And yes i bypass ALL the other equipments.

However when I set up the factory radio, it plays flawless. perfect.

Any idea what this is?

no help. no idea?

Comment

Did you buy a harness, or just cut and splice? Check all your connections to the new unit, if it still doesn't work, you could have a faulty HU, it happens.

Comment

yes i used an harness. as a matter of fact, i went out and got another harness.

The reason i dont think its the radio is because i have two radios. the one i had it was going in and out of power so i thought the radio was bad. i replaced it with the other one i had sitting around and it too did the same thing.

I was this close to cutting the harness and try hard wiring it but i was afraid to mess up the harness and not fis the problem.

the factory radio plays fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CBRIDE View Post
          yes i used an harness. as a matter of fact, i went out and got another harness.

The reason i dont think its the radio is because i have two radios. the one i had it was going in and out of power so i thought the radio was bad. i replaced it with the other one i had sitting around and it too did the same thing.

I was this close to cutting the harness and try hard wiring it but i was afraid to mess up the harness and not fis the problem.

the factory radio plays fine.
          I'm stumped. Bad ground maybe? I'm sure someone a little more experienced will chime in soon.

Comment

Im hoping someone could help me out.

or if i could rewire this another way. the factory systems is very bad.

to the ground part of your response. I thought it could be bad ground as well. so what i did was i connected a ground i made for my equalizer to the radio and it still acted up.

BTW...i bypassed every single equipment in the car to see. even the speakers and it was still cutting in and out and at times not turn on at all.

Comment

Run a 14-16 gauge power wire from the batt to the HU. and see if that works.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

UPDATE.

so I ran a piece of wire to the battery and connect it to the RED wire on the radio and it turns on. however, whenever i turn up the radio high, it cuts out.

So then I ran a piece of wire to a 10a fuse under the driver's footwell and i get power(connects to RED wire on radio), but it still cuts out whenever the radio is turned up high.

so connect the wire i ran to the battery to BOTH the RED and YELLOW wire and the radio, turned it all the way up and it did not cut out. So I figured that the YELLOW(constant 12v power) on the car's harness/wiring is bad somewhere.

Right now BOTH yellow and red wire on the radio is connected to the wire i ran to the 10a fuse under the foot well and thats how i am getting the radio to play without cutting out. I am going to try figure out a way to run a wire to the YELLOW(constant 12v) from the car's system so that the radio constantly has power and that i dont have to manually turn it on and reset everything every time the car is turned off.

I am thinking that i could run a wire to maybe the fuse or wire that is connected to the interior light or door light since i think those lights turns on without the key in the ignition.

Comment

UPDATE 2.

So I finally got the radio working the way it was supposed to. Now I am able to retain my last setting whenever i shut the car down.

What I did was ran a wire from a fuse under the hood( I think its the ECU or the INTERIOR LIGHT fuse I used). This wire is ran to the YELLOW wire on the radio(constant power aka battery power).

Then I have another wire ran to a fuse under the driver side fuse box, which is hooked to i think the accessory fuse(10a). This wire is hooked up to the RED( Ignition power) wire.

So for those who is having problems with the factory wiring harness, this could be an alternative.

BTW....PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                  X