Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1400 Watts AMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.25 ohms....and how hot does your amp get?

I would like my eggs scrambled please.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

If an amp is actual stable to 1/4 ohms it probably won't heat up (much) more than a 1 ohm stable amp at 1 ohm or a 2 ohm stable amp at 2 ohms etc. In fact, I've seen an amp that's stable to something like 1/512 ohm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
        If an amp is actual stable to 1/4 ohms it probably won't heat up (much) more than a 1 ohm stable amp at 1 ohm or a 2 ohm stable amp at 2 ohms etc. In fact, I've seen an amp that's stable to something like 1/512 ohm.
        Yeah I was over exaggerating a tad lol.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Now it's bothering me, I wanna remember what amp that was. Perfect cheater amp, it was rated at like .25 watts at 4 ohms or something, but it was stable to such a low resistance it could run 1000 watts in the 1 watt class lol.

Comment

wow that's crazy. Sounds like it's super rare though.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Orion Concept Amp 97.3, only 100 were produced. Ungodly expensive.

Comment

Now it's bothering me, I wanna remember what amp that was. Perfect cheater amp, it was rated at like .25 watts at 4 ohms or something, but it was stable to such a low resistance it could run 1000 watts in the 1 watt class lol.
                i remember back in the day that US amps had an amp that was like .25 watts at 4 ohms but put out an ungodly amount of power at 1/4 ohm . the amp was like 3 foot long.it was known as the ultimate cheater amp

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

it dosent get hot unless i play it at high volume for hours ,and i never said that i was pushing the full power potential of the amp

Comment

Originally posted by preludejim View Post
                    it dosent get hot unless i play it at high volume for hours ,and i never said that i was pushing the full power potential of the amp
                    Sounds stable to me.

Got any gut pics?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

American Bass VFL line is like that,I'm running the 80.1,and depending on the shop doing the competitions,I'm either in the 0-100,0-500 or 0-1000 watt class because they go by its rating of 80 wts when actually doing 1,200 rms
                      BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

try routing the ground back to the battery instead of the body see if that helps at all. but a cap would be a good idea, then ur alt will have less of a load on it

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Caps are worthless. Upgrading your battery or adding a second is way better (Spending a thousand bucks on a cap might reach the same benefit a 50 dollar battery will give). Making sure all your wires have little resistance is also important. But caps can't do much to help an alternator, they simply don't store enough power.

Comment

Caps are worthless. Upgrading your battery or adding a second is way better (Spending a thousand bucks on a cap might reach the same benefit a 50 dollar battery will give). Making sure all your wires have little resistance is also important. But caps can't do much to help an alternator, they simply don't store enough power.
                            I'm thinking about getting a supercapacitor...just because.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

my 2500 is known for running low loads. if you got the power to feed them and the fan to cool then your good otherwise no no if played longer then 5-10 mins
                              Members Ride sold...
                              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by preludejim View Post
                                dual voice coil subs 1/2 ohm with the gain 1/2 way up. this thing is a monster .when i bought it i told my buddy that owns a car audio shop that i wanted more power than i will ever need. so he ordered this amp for me ,and i got it at his cost ($460).
                                there is no way any company would sell an amp for 460 that does over 1500rms.unless we are talking some boss and pyle type shit. 460 is a prime market for amps 1000-1500 if your talking quality. untill i see more specs and measurements im still thinking its
                                Members Ride sold...
                                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                                X