Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Big 3, over sized guage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big 3, over sized guage?

im planning on upgrading the "big 3" in both of my cars. 4 guage is recommended and cheaper that 0, but i have a nice bit of 0 gauge laying around, that i have no clue where it came from.

is complete over kill or would it even matter? use it since its free or just sell it and put the money towards buy some new 4 gauge?

If you've got the lugs to fit the 0, use it. If not, sell it and get the 4 and some lugs.

Comment

i used 4 gauge for my trans ground and starter, 8g for my fusebox and i think its 12-16 for the rest. ive had 0 issues to begin with and no issues to this day.
      i did it to my 3g lude too esp cause i ran a 5th gen accord alternator rated +20 amps than the oem. great improvement when u turn on the a/c hehe
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        If you've got the lugs to fit the 0, use it. If not, sell it and get the 4 and some lugs.
        by lugs you mean connectors? and thats the point i just have wire. ill need too buy some.

would there be any difference in performance using 0 than 4? if so would it even be noticable? as of now its just a stock civic with a 1.6 BUT my h22 is ready to go in (just waiting on time too do it) and i have half the components for my 6-700watt system.

guess i should ahve mentioned that before.

Comment

what is the big three? ford,gm,chrysler? if your going to make a thread like this be more specific so that if there is indeed any relevent information it would allow it to be more easily searched.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I'd just use 4 gauge. That's what I did when I did my battery relocate. All the power and grounds in my car are 4 gauge. I personally think 0 gauge is a bit of an overkill, unless you've got a huge system in your car.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
              I'd just use 4 gauge. That's what I did when I did my battery relocate. All the power and grounds in my car are 4 gauge. I personally think 0 gauge is a bit of an overkill, unless you've got a huge system in your car.
              Put would it be a bad thing to use 2 or 0 gauge ???

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                Put would it be a bad thing to use 2 or 0 gauge ???
                Its not going to hurt anything, its just unnecessary. I did it with 4 gauge (except for the the battery to tranny, thats OEM) and I thought THAT was a bit of overkill. lol.

Just make sure that you leave enough slack for some engine movement... especially if your motor mounts are as garbage as mine.
                RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

Originally posted by led_fut View Post
                  Its not going to hurt anything, its just unnecessary. I did it with 4 gauge (except for the the battery to tranny, thats OEM) and I thought THAT was a bit of overkill. lol.

Just make sure that you leave enough slack for some engine movement... especially if your motor mounts are as garbage as mine.
                  Ok nice i might be doing this after i install my brakes/bearings and header .

Comment

Use the 0 gauge cause it's free.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Do you have a "big" system in your car? 500rms or more. If so use the 1/0. If you don't have a system then use it anyways. Like Sonik said it's free, Why the fuk wouldn't you use it lol.

^^^^^
                      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                        what is the big three? ford,gm,chrysler? if your going to make a thread like this be more specific so that if there is indeed any relevent information it would allow it to be more easily searched.
                        "the big 3" is a common upgrade to your vehicles main power wiring.
                        op: The difference between 4 and 0 gauge will likely be unnoticeable. I would do as visualpoet suggested just because 4 might be easier to work with.
                        FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater View Post
                          "the big 3" is a common upgrade to your vehicles main power wiring.
                          op: The difference between 4 and 0 gauge will likely be unnoticeable. I would do as visualpoet suggested just because 4 might be easier to work with.
                          common upgrade to what power wiring?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                            common upgrade to what power wiring?
                            Batt neg to chassis
                            Engine block to chassis
                            Alternator to Batt pos.

Used to decrease resistance in the cars charging system.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yeah, 4 gauge is way easier to use, and go price out some 0 gauge terminals, they're not going to be cheap. I think I paid a dollar a piece for my copper 4 gauge terminals.

Comment

Working...
                              X