Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Alpine or Pioneer HU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always liked the Alpine brand lol. I like how it looks aswell, I think I may go with that one.

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
    BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
    SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

I'm looking at a Kenwood Excelon unit. Bluetooth, Ipod controls, mp3, blah, blah, all for under 250 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by T-Clyde
        do you like low fidelity or hi fidelity.

alpine makes a good product. and were one of the first with ipod control/integration.

however pioneer uses the same technology in their NON premier HU's. same internals essentially. the premier stuff just has more adjust-ability for the true sound tuner. (like an auto tune feature with a microphone you plug into the HU)

i've been running the pioneer 5900 for about 2 years now and i love it. my friend has a similar trim premier unit he bought right about the same time. besides screen color and many more sound adjustment options, they are the same unit.

alpine has lowered their standards in the last 5 years. its a profit margin thing.
        I dont know what I like or what I should get but I want to get whats best for my money, and those two are about the most I want to pay right now.

BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
        SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

I would do the pioneer for a couple simple reasons. It has a better, more adjustable EQ, High, Mid, and Low, as well as a High, Mid, and Low setting for the loudness. It also has a 4 volt preout that will give your sub amp twice as much signal power.

I've been out of the car audio scene for about two years now, but towards the end of my 8 year career in that field I was beginning to get more and more impressed with Pioneer than I was with Alpine. Alpine sound quality I felt was decreasing, and becoming less and less user friendly when it came to settings and programming.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
            I would do the pioneer for a couple simple reasons. It has a better, more adjustable EQ, High, Mid, and Low, as well as a High, Mid, and Low setting for the loudness. It also has a 4 volt preout that will give your sub amp twice as much signal power.

I've been out of the car audio scene for about two years now, but towards the end of my 8 year career in that field I was beginning to get more and more impressed with Pioneer than I was with Alpine. Alpine sound quality I felt was decreasing, and becoming less and less user friendly when it came to settings and programming.
            Thanks I appreciate the advice

Comment

Originally posted by T-Clyde
              ... MY opinion is stay clear of kenwood.
              X2. I've never had good experiences with anything Kenwood. They can/do make some good audio equipment for your home, but when it comes to anything mobile audio related...
              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Unless you just have to have one of those two brands you may want to look into this reciever. I saw it anywhere from $220.00 and up. Just a thought.

Eclipse CD3200

•Built-in Bluetooth® wireless technology
                •USB Connection
                •Fulldot VF display
                •E-iSERV connectivity
                •MOSFET 50W 4
                •3-band PEQ
                •Crossover
                •5V Pre-Out
                •6-pattern illumination
                •Twin Security System
                •Remote Control
                •E-LAN data link system
                •AUX Input
                •Detachable Front Panel
                •ESN (Key CD Security)

Here's their webpage
                http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/cd/cd3200overviews.html

Comment

I've been a pioneer audio owner since I first bought a pioneer tape pullout in like 92. I hated it because it wouldn't stay in. Then the radio stopped picking up stations. Then the tape player stopped working.

I bought another pioneer cd player, and it lasted about 6 months. Then I got into Kenwoods. They lasted, when they weren't stolen. Then I got an Ipod and a Kenwood (which I sold on here) and the Kenwood wouldn't interface with the Ipod the way I wanted it to. I bought an Alpine and I haven't looked back. The Alpine stereo interacts with the Ipod exactly the same as using the Ipod itself - they purchased the license to use the Apple software in their stereos. It charges the Ipod and the cable can be run through the dash into the back of the glove box where the Ipod can sit.

Personally I love it. You can access your playlists and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                    Unless you just have to have one of those two brands you may want to look into this reciever. I saw it anywhere from $220.00 and up. Just a thought.

Eclipse CD3200
                    I like Eclipse HUs better then Alpine by a LONG shot. Just remember you will need to get the iPC-106 iPod interface adaptor if you want to use your iPod with it.
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

IMO Alpine. They both are very good. If you ever visit Alpine USA, and see the R&D their engineers put into those head units (not saying other companies don't), you'll be very amazed. Either one should be good, but my first choice would be Alpine. Good luck.
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Eclipse lol.

But I would go for the pioneer because they tend to be very reliable.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I say Alpine if you arent going with a Pioneer "Premier" unit. The only neg. I can say with Alpine is the Ipod controls. Its very limited compared to Pioneer units, which offer lots more options. My opinion is based on me currently owning both, and I personally like the Pioneer because of what I previously stated. They both sound great.

*Now, the free ipod cable for Alpine u can get for $14 on eBay.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

if you are running subs and are not going premier then get
                            the alpine. i've ran some subs in my pioneer before and
                            the grounding on the rcas crapped out on me. imo alpine
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=161738

Vouch for: new_beginnings, tommi

Comment

Originally posted by benstuh View Post
                              if you are running subs and are not going premier then get
                              the alpine. i've ran some subs in my pioneer before and
                              the grounding on the rcas crapped out on me. imo alpine
                              x2

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Bro if you want great sound and volume go with the pioneer. I have always been a fan of pioneer since age 8. The reason i back up my theory is that i bought the Alpine 9886 which was 3 years go. It was the best of the best that best buy had. Guess what? I was dissapointed. You would raise the volume and it wasent loud. It caught off the bass and treble at high volumes. Yes the ipod cables is nice but searching for songs its slow on that part. Its a real nice unit but nothing i would buy or pay for it. Pioneer on the other hand from experience has always been the best. Even the older pioneers sound great! I have a pioneer deh p3300 as a back-up and man that thing bumps. Go with pioneer i really in courage you. Go on Craigslist and you can find higher end pioneer units for that price and great conditions. Just a suggestion.

Also my speaker set-up is
                                -Front 6.5 Kickers
                                -Rear 6x9 Kickers
                                Pioneer bumped my system at higher volumes and clear sound.
                                Alpine did to but cutoff bass and treble at the higher volumes.

Comment

Working...
                                X