Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

radio shuts off as soon as you put the volume up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radio shuts off as soon as you put the volume up

originally when i got the car it had the factory plug cut off but it had no radio and a mess of wires so i went to the junkyard and got a factory plug from a matching car and soldered/heatshrunk every single wire...ok
    then i got an aftermarket harness and connected it to my pioneer at first it didnt turn on turns out the radio backup (7.5) fuse was burned... maybe from having all the wires lying around inside the dash idk but i changed it radio starts working fine every speaker plays as i put the volume up on it i notice the clock is dimming similar to when you have an amp hooked up and it dims all your lights on beatdrops... suddenly my radio shuts off....few minutes later it comes back on and as soon as i put volume up (not even max maybe 40/62 that the pioneer has) it shuts off hasnt come on ever since and the radio backup fuse DIDNOT burn out...
    93 ex sedan
    automatic

Seems like either your ground is not grounding right or you have a shortage somewere. Have you check the radio fuses? Most likely check all your wires from the adapter harness aswell as the CB harness!

Comment

check all your wireing to make shure no bare wire is touching metal. if nothing is touchin then you could have short some where under the dash or it could be a bad deck

You can not hurt me, I have my helmet on

Comment

Also if it shuts off when you raise up your volume it might also be your speaker wires.

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
          Also if it shuts off when you raise up your volume it might also be your speaker wires.
          ive never heard of speaker wires causing a problem like that

You can not hurt me, I have my helmet on

Comment

my radio was working perfectly fine in another car just last week this is the second headunit i try on the CB7 and it does that, i trust my wiring job done it plenty of times and when i adapter the honda harness back to the car i didnt notice no bad wires i soldered heatshrunk them and taped the harness together looks better than factory where is the factory ground located? why would it be the speaker wires?
            93 ex sedan
            automatic

Comment

Well as far as i know i had worked on cars that have the same problem and 50% are that the speaker wires are switch meaning +/- or -/+.
              Originally posted by 2lowcb7 View Post
              ive never heard of speaker wires causing a problem like that

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                Well as far as i know i had worked on cars that have the same problem and 50% are that the speaker wires are switch meaning +/- or -/+.
                and as far as i know working on music system for a few year that would just phase out the speaker meaning the bass wouldnt hit the same way, never heard of it causing any problems besides poor sound quality...
                93 ex sedan
                automatic

Comment

I to been working on systems for over 4 years thats what ive seen and done. Never had a problem with my customers being unsatisfied. But like i said cheack your wiring from the OEM harness if not well im pretty sure your having shortage somewhere in the wiring.
                  Originally posted by xmsleepR View Post
                  and as far as i know working on music system for a few year that would just phase out the speaker meaning the bass wouldnt hit the same way, never heard of it causing any problems besides poor sound quality...

Comment

my yellow constant wire is shorting out and gets no power probably has something to do with why my clock resets everytime i turn it on where does this yellow wire come from?
                    93 ex sedan
                    automatic

Comment

Working...
                    X