Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

best woofer ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got an l5 adn a 1000 wt perf. tech amp also i have 2-10'' mtxs in a sealed box with a soundstream amp for the daily use.. the kicker is for the meets and shows.. the y hit harder so the y sound better....
    from this

Comment

JL all the way
      Life's a garden. Dig it.

Comment

kickers not a bad brand .....best bang for your buck imo.... 250-300 and ou can get a box and 2 nice CVR that hit pretty hard...i have 2 12" kickers and 1500 Gravity amp and i can be heard from around 4-5 blocks away (thats in a sealed box too)... cirwin vegas are great too but like 200-250 a sub depending on the model.

Comment

i had cirwin vegas but i dont think they make anymore

Comment

i prefer mcintosh over anything but memphis audio sells good subs at reasonable prices and im sure at you local pawn shop you can find a good jl sub at a reasonable price...

Comment

i have memphis audio as my interio speaker and we dont have anypawn shop

Comment

JL has an awesome product, but there are a lot of other companies that are just as good. Sundown, Memphis, Mmats, DD, ED, powerbass(higher end), db drive, and more. Like someone said in an earlier post "everyone has a different opinion." JL is good if you have the money, but why spend that much when you can buy a product that is just as good for less? GL on your sub hunt, pm me if you have additional questions. I sell and install car audio and will help point you in a direction.

Comment

im on my 4th system...3 JL 10w1s there awesome with a 1600 watt amp

Comment

Yeah i have only had my cb7 for about 8 months but it has been blessed with many many systems lol.. since day 1 i have had bass blockers in all my speakers which are all sony, not the best but better than stock. All my mids are run off a pioneer 200w amp.
                    My first subs were just 2 sony xplodes in ported enclouser. they did alright with my power acoustik 1200w amp. deffantally a good cheap system but if you are looking for quality i would deffantally reccomend getting Digital Design 12's or my Incriminator 10's werent bad.
                    MIKE KOLODIEJ #11

Comment

Originally posted by prosport33s View Post
                      im on my 4th system...3 JL 10w1s there awesome with a 1600 watt amp
                      yeah my cousin had 3 JL W7s in sealed box all plexi glass. it was crazy. I love my Digital Designs tho. And my Incriminators were pretty bad but they sound better in my friends Expedition now tho =]]
                      MIKE KOLODIEJ #11

Comment

the best sub to mate with the 500/1 is the 10w7. there are a lot of subs out there that can handle more power but none of them will be as clean and crisp as the w7. as far as price goes....craigslist. i,ve seen them go as low as 200 and at that price, its a steal. i'll post pics of my latest purchase later...10w7 in JL HO box...i paid 250. box was a little dirty but other than that the sub was in great condition.
                        if you think im full of shit...ask SOOicideWGN...i took him along to test out the sub in his cb9.
                        Last edited by trueCB7; 05-26-2010, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Well on my wagon i had 2 12" Orion XTR-Pro with a power acoustic 5500wts with Memphis M-Class on speakers and tweeters with an Orion XTR 250.4 and that's its loud as hell. Now im switching system. Goin with a Soundstream XXX-18" (10,000 rms) few amps, total upgrade on alternator, wires, few bateries, and more.......

Comment

i have some old vids of the 1508's from DD in action on my youtube. they are crazy when in the right box.... and who ever is paying 250 for 1 8 in a dd box is crazy.... i got like 3 subs for that price.....
                            Members Ride sold...
                            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Why exactly did we dig a "which sub should I buy?" thread up from a year ago?

Comment

Kicker Cvr's sound good for the price.I had Alot of loud systems..Kicker always pleased me.....But tHATS not my fav
                                Only give advice when I know or have done it and it worked

Comment

Working...
                                X