Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Amp n speaker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp n speaker question

I just installed a amp and i'm still new to audio stuff so I was wondering iif there is a way to make the amp power the subs n make the speakers work like how they used to before installng the amp??

did you hook up speaker wires to the amp?

if so then unhook them and put the straight back into the headunit and only hook up the amp to the subs.

Comment

are you using the high level input for your signal, or a line out convertor? If not, what do your back speakers have to do with your install?

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
        are you using the high level input for your signal, or a line out convertor? If not, what do your back speakers have to do with your install?
        thats what im wondering

Comment

yeah dont plug the speakers into the amp. ur welcome, later.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
          And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
          Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

well i dont know what i did..but i connect the two rca wires right and left i believe...and my speakers wont work unless i wire them to the amp.

Comment

Are you saying that your subs or your speakers up front don't work unless wired to the amp? If you don't know what you did then neither will we lol. Try and be more descriptive please.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                Are you saying that your subs or your speakers up front don't work unless wired to the amp? If you don't know what you did then neither will we lol. Try and be more descriptive please.
                yea thats what i mean.. i dont like to use my front ones so i only use my rear ones but anyways yeah they dont work unless wired to the amp

Comment

Originally posted by kenjin View Post
                  yea thats what i mean.. i dont like to use my front ones so i only use my rear ones but anyways yeah they dont work unless wired to the amp
                  Does your receiver have more than one set of rca's on the back of it?

Comment

Does your receiver have more than one set of rca's on the back of it?
                    yes it does..it is a eclipse cd1200 and it as a right and left rca cable

Comment

did you mess with your front speaker wires at all when you hooked up the subs and amp?

Comment

He has two outputs on the receiver. One for front and one for rear. When he plugged the rcas into his receiver and then tried to run his subs it'll either run just the subs or just the rear speakers. He needs an output for his subwoofer. Either that or use one of them for the subs run the speakers in the back deck off of the wires for the front speakers. I don't know how good all of that would work out though. He won't have a non fader control on his receiver to adjust the sub by itself. So any changes he made to the highs/mids inside the car would affect the sub along with it. Maybe i'm wrong here.

Comment

He has two outputs on the receiver. One for front and one for rear. When he plugged the rcas into his receiver and then tried to run his subs it'll either run just the subs or just the rear speakers. He needs an output for his subwoofer. Either that or use one of them for the subs run the speakers in the back deck off of the wires for the front speakers. I don't know how good all of that would work out though. He won't have a non fader control on his receiver to adjust the sub by itself. So any changes he made to the highs/mids inside the car would affect the sub along with it. Maybe i'm wrong here.
                          everything should still run even with the RCA plugged in no matter which one it is plugged into. the amp should not effect the speakers unless the speakers have been hooked up to the amp. thats why i was wondering if he ended up hooking the speaker wires up anywhere when he did the install

Comment

Actually that's true now that I think about it because he would have them wired into the harness on the back of the deck lol. I knew I was missing something.

Comment

haha yep

Comment

Working...
                              X