Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need feedback. Which subs would u guys recommend for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need feedback. Which subs would u guys recommend for me?

I have a Kenwood KAC-7204 1000W Maximum Power Amp (RMSx2 at 4Ohms and < 1% THD+)

I plan on getting 2 12" subs to go with this amp but i dont know too much about watts and RMS.

I want something that will will match nicely with this amp at its max without me popping my sub, I find all this RMS, Watts, Ohms stuff so confusing.

Which 2 12" inch subs would people recommend for me?

My budget is around $175-$200 per sub

Forget the 12's, get a type R 15".

I had one, GNARLIEST sub I've EVER owned.

Or, if you have to have 12's, I recommend MTX TR55.
    They are pricey, but DAMN they are LOUD, and hit mid high and low bass like champs. I regret selling my TR55s every day...
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
      Forget the 12's, get a type R 15".

I had one, GNARLIEST sub I've EVER owned.

Or, if you have to have 12's, I recommend MTX TR55.
      They are pricey, but DAMN they are LOUD, and hit mid high and low bass like champs. I regret selling my TR55s every day...
      i have the box for 12's but how much do those mtx go for?

Comment

a tad pricier than your budget, but better built than any Alpines I've seen:
        http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp15_s...formation.html

Comment

I like the kicker CVR 12's for your amp. Kicker is world-wide known for their all-around good speaker quality. They should be in your budget.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
          White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
            I like the kicker CVR 12's for your amp. Kicker is world-wide known for their all-around good speaker quality. They should be in your budget.
            They are also owned by MTX. And when MTX designs a speaker, kicker gets the watered down version.

Take my advice. TR55.
            http://www.crutchfield.com/S-egyTRRo...TR5512-04.html
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

how about a Pyle 21" subwoofer or 6! Ill give you a dollar if you can depressurize your car to the point your head explodes

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

You can get some kicker cvx's for your price range, and as some other people have mentioned alpine type r's. GL

Comment

i dont have any recommendations, but your amp produces 500 watts rms at 2 ohms, so grab some 12s that have 4 ohm voice coils, that way your final load is 2 ohms. i would try to find some between 200-300 watts rms

EDIT: These would do you fine.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=18762
                  Last edited by jcoleman_11; 09-12-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

mtx jackhammer.

Comment

so i ended up getting 2 12" Kenwood subs 1200watts max power w/ 400w RMS...guyss think they will bump good? havent installed them yet

Comment

Kenwood is decent bang for the buck. They should knock a lil bit

You tell us, though, once it's all installed.

Comment

80% of your sound is going to be based on your install.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

bass is a killa!

Comment

i would do one kicker l7

Comment

Working...
                              X