Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just though id share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
    Seems like an awful lot of power going through a ported box if you're looking for SQ.

Clean looking build tho, no doubt.
    Sq takes ALOT of power

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

^^^
      When you're running at high ohms or something?
      I suppose you're also trying to avoid distortion, but I would think there are a lot of weaker subs out there that would provide adequate bass before reaching levels of distortion.

Also, how common is it to use ported boxes for SQ?
      I was assuming that you would be losing accuracy when you lessened restrictions on baffle movement.

Comment

from what I understand, if you have the correct dimensions of the box, tuned, and all that... it could very well be better. but if you get your measurements and build messed up, it could sound real bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
          ^^^
          When you're running at high ohms or something?
          I suppose you're also trying to avoid distortion, but I would think there are a lot of weaker subs out there that would provide adequate bass before reaching levels of distortion.

Also, how common is it to use ported boxes for SQ?
          I was assuming that you would be losing accuracy when you lessened restrictions on baffle movement.
          It's for dynamics mostly. Soft passages to loud passages could take well over triple the amount of power for your amp to produce.

It's actually very common. The type of tune on the box will determine how it will sound. Low tuned ported boxes have lower extension and higher efficiency than a sealed box up until a certain point, like 15hz. And the frequency response is usually ruler flat until you pass the box tuning where response drops like a cliff.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Looks good. I like the layout of the box. Never seen the plexi used as a side piece
            PSN
            Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
            2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
            2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
            1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
            1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

The type r in my Opinion can take way more then 500 rms if being fed a clean signal and proper tuning. The owners wants the ability to crank it up when he feels the need but will most of the time listen to it at mid and moderate levels. That is the main reason we went with a low tune so he can have the best of both worlds. It wont be the loudest 1 12 set up and be heard from 2 blocks away but will be very accurate with more low end then a regular sealed enclosue. ill be tuning the system and Eq'ing the system with (2)rockford fosgate 360.2 with will handle time alignment, for a true 3 way active set up, all his crossover points.

ill have more pics up soon, im waiting on this new carbon fiber wrap to come in and im gonna do the inside of the box with it....honestly ive never used it and kinda not look forward to doing it. i order extra just in case but its not cheap at $90 for a 14x42 roll.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Nice clean slot port. I like your tucked speaker lead approach. It will thump nicely indeed. Got any pics of what you guys are doing to the rear deck?

Comment

Working...
                X