Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Getting New Headunit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting New Headunit..

So Im getting a new headunit to go along with my amp & 2 12" subs, I was wondering do I need more than one set of preamp outputs on the headunit I get?

If you plan on running an amp on your highs and then another one for your subs then yes. I normally get a HU with three sets that way you have one for the front, rear, and one for the subs. You could always buy one with two sets and then put a 4 channel amp on the one for the highs and run your door speakers and stuff off of that and then the other for your subs. Hope this helped and good luck.

Comment

you dont need a head unit with more than one set of outs even if you planning on running a amp on you highs and another on sub or whatever because the amp will have a output on it

Comment

ok I think I understand now I'll just keep my HU with one output and then use the amp for the other.

Comment

i never buy a headunit unless it has a pre out for subs specific. being able to adjust the bass as a whole is no where near as good as being able to adjust the sub seperatley from your components.
          post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

NEVER get a deck without sub pre outs. Adjustment sucks with not being able to adjust your sub volume and crossover points, also your staging and sound quality will be SHITTY!!! You need to be able to turn your subs up or down depending on the type of music your listening to at the time. Unless your one of those tards that goes around bumping to JUST the bass and cant hear any highs then you'll need a deck with sub specific outputs.
            "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
            sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
            Did work for: jhoff_cb7
            Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

I have a pioneer and i love it! has a awesome EQ, that allows you to change bass, turn sub on or off, and many other functions, also has a ipod interface. I reccomed pioneer/pioneer premier, or eclipse.
              One mans turd is anothers golden nugget

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCB3Si View Post
                NEVER get a deck without sub pre outs. Adjustment sucks with not being able to adjust your sub volume and crossover points, also your staging and sound quality will be SHITTY!!! You need to be able to turn your subs up or down depending on the type of music your listening to at the time. Unless your one of those tards that goes around bumping to JUST the bass and cant hear any highs then you'll need a deck with sub specific outputs.
                its not neccessarily gonna sound like shit. i had a headunit without any sub pre outs and all i did was buy a cheap adapter and hooked it up to my headunit which gave me the outs. worked just as good as if the HU had come with them. cheap solution to the problem

Comment

Originally posted by kreidtyl000 View Post
                  I have a pioneer and i love it! has a awesome EQ, that allows you to change bass, turn sub on or off, and many other functions, also has a ipod interface. I reccomed pioneer/pioneer premier, or eclipse.
                  alot of HU come with those features now

Comment

just get a headunit andd a eq

Comment

Originally posted by da1prettyboii View Post
                      just get a headunit andd a eq
                      that would cause him to spend a lot more money than he needs to

Comment

Working...
                      X